INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Got my new Muscovy's today! :wee:wee:wee:ya:ya:ya
First I must say I had to chase two of these girls around a 3 acre land because the ones I wanted were able to fly... The young girl didn't have a proper net to catch them. I basically spent 2.5 hours running in circles and finally ended up with a tackle to the mud with a beautiful blue pied female. I freaked out hoping I didn't hurt her. Thank god I didn't. And as for the other one flying around. It kept flying next to me landing, then hiss at me and fly away again. So I picked up some eggs out of their containment pen and she followed me right to the car where we shut the doors as fast as possible so it was easier to catch her.
The person I bought them from today had very poor qualities. Didn't take very good care of them, no water in their waters, feed poured on ground not in a dish, their kiddie pool upside down and bone dry and dirty like it been there for years, and very crowded. Very saddening to see. Was close to just taking them all. Sadly they have about 20+ more white Muscovy's... And I was in a tiny 2 door sports car with my father and lil sis.

The females I got today are 2 Blue pied females, 1 White Female, 1 Black Pied female, and 1 Male Blue pied.
IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1625.JPG IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1608.JPG

Also Added 2 Tier Nesting Box. It is 4 ft long 2.5 ft wide and 4 ft. tall.
IMG_1621.JPG IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
So I had my hens free ranging and I noticed that one of them has these spots on her comb. Do you think it's fowl pox? I've been reading up on it and everybody says to just let it run its course. Her egg production is normal and she's eating and drinking just fine.

View attachment 1034816 View attachment 1034817 So I had my hens free ranging and I noticed that one of them has these spots on her comb. Do you think it's fowl pox? I've been reading up on it and everybody says to just let it run its course. Her egg production is normal and she's eating and drinking just fine.
Could it be a scratch or peck of some sort. It looks like a tiny scab. If it's fowl pox, I think it would look worse.

I have two hens that have the spots on comb. Its from flies picking at their comb and turned to a little black scab. My flock is vaccinated against fowl pox. Only because a neighbor down the street had it.

Anyone know of any local places I can find barley? I want to start growing my own fodder, but can't seem to find anything that isn't online..

Wow not sure honestly. There's an agrarian store in Indy can anyone post a link or know if they carry it?

Here, I copied and pasted this from Agrarian's website:

In addition to our feed, we also have a chicken feed buffet bar featuring locally sourced grains that includes barley, wheat, oats, flaxseed and rye
image.jpeg

http://www.agrarianindy.com/chicken-feed/

Back
Top Bottom