INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Stay calm! I actually just had this happen to my chickens! It's a eye infection! I used Vet RX to treat it. It went away within a couple days. I applied it by mixing with warm water and putting into a tiny spray bottle. I sprayed the eyes, beak, and feathers. Also take all bedding from coop and replace it.
OH NO! Ana's got the ick. I just don't know which ick. Ana's a 17wk old Buff Orp. Anyone have any direction for me? It's just her eye. It's very swollen and seems a little foamy. No nasal drip, crop is fine, tummy seems fine. We've got her inside and separated from the rest. I have noticed since we brought her in that her poop is VERY liquidy.

From what I've found other places, I should clean her eye gently with some plain water and probably get her some real yoghurt.

Thoughts, suggestions, input, feel goods?

View attachment 1040481 View attachment 1040482 View attachment 1040483 View attachment 1040484 View attachment 1040485

Stay calm! I actually just had this happen to my chickens! It's a eye infection! I used Vet RX to treat it. It went away within a couple days. I applied it by mixing with warm water and putting into a tiny spray bottle. I sprayed the eyes, beak, and feathers. Also take all bedding from coop and replace it.

Thanks Nyla, I'll head down to TSC tomorrow after work, I can't get there tonight before they close since my local store doesn't have any in stock.

Hi, my wife and I are new again to raising chickens. We had some chickens 18 years ago when our son was in 4h. Being retired now and living out in the country we thought that it was time again to raise a few and have some fresh eggs. We live in South Lake county, a stones throw from Porter county. I've been looking and reading articles and threads on BYC. So far no major issues. The girls are 3 weeks old today. Chris and Pat

:welcome
Hey I'm like 10 Mins away! Welcome to BYC! If you ever need a helping hand or even want Muscovy Ducks, I'm always around! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as the rest of us!
Hi, my wife and I are new again to raising chickens. We had some chickens 18 years ago when our son was in 4h. Being retired now and living out in the country we thought that it was time again to raise a few and have some fresh eggs. We live in South Lake county, a stones throw from Porter county. I've been looking and reading articles and threads on BYC. So far no major issues. The girls are 3 weeks old today. Chris and Pat

Hey I'm like 10 Mins away! Welcome to BYC! If you ever need a helping hand or even want Muscovy Ducks, I'm always around! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as the rest of us!
Thank you for the welcome. Always appreciate an offer of help.

Your very welcome! Let me know how things are going!

Cleaned her up again last night, my husband and I ended up giving the VetRx to her orally. I couldn't find a spray bottle, she was joyfully eating afterward, but she's not really drinking at all. We're setting up the spare coop on the other side of the yard for her this weekend, though she is enjoying being inside with everyone this week.

Back
Top Bottom