INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hey I'm from brown county does anybody know where I could get some 6 month old silkie hens from? I'm willing to drive 2 or more hours or it might be possible to get them shipped maybe

Russian Orloffs(rural king may have been fibbing to me about these)
I got Russian Orloffs from the Muncie RK in June. I lost one (out of 10) early on, but the rest are doing great. I just wish they had been straight run instead of pullets, because now I can’t breed them. Ironically, I had a 4 year old Russian Orloff rooster that I decided to sell this spring, because I didn’t expect to ever have hens for him. 🤷🏼‍♀️ If any of yours turn out to be male that you don’t want to keep, please let me know. I will pay to get a boy!
I used to raise and release Bob White Quail when I lived in Michigan and my oldest who is 10 would like to do that so maybe next year we will get into Quail and Pheasant
Check with your local ag extension office to see if quail or pheasant can survive on your property. That was one of the things we wanted to do when we moved here from Michigan, but it turns out that here in Hamilton County the conditions are not favorable for them. Which I guess is why there isn’t already a population of them. (We checked into pheasant, not quail, so maybe quail would work.)

By the way, :welcome and to the Indiana BYCers thread. What part of Michigan are you from? We grew up in the Detroit area, but lived in Kalamazoo County for 10 years before moving here. Been here 18 years now. My how time flies!

Does anybody know where I can get ducks processed? I ended up with 7 males this year, and that’s a bigger job than I want to do myself. I called J&M Poultry, but they said they don’t process ducks.

I don’t know how to find any local processors.

Back
Top Bottom