INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

It's been ages since I have been on here. Life's events and all. But my life has finally started to slow down and I am able to really get back into raising and enjoying my chickens again.
It's been a while since I have incubated eggs, but this spring I am incubating eggs that I ordered from Greenfire Farms. I currently have in the incubator a 5 egg rare breed assortment which included Crevecoeur, Denizli Longcrower, and Indio Gigante. Not so excited about the last 2 breeds, not ones I would have picked, but it is what I got, and I am super excited about the Crevecoeur. I also have Lavender/Lavender Split Wyandotte, Spangled Russian Orloff, Mechelan Turkey Head, Flarry Eye Gray. I am really hoping for a good hatch. I have another order coming next week that will have a couple more of the rare breed assortment, I hope to get something different some more Russian Orloff and one of the breeds that I have wanted ever since I first seen them, Golden Deathlayer. They also always ship 2 extra eggs with each shippment which I am excited to see what they are as well.
It's great being back on here. Sorry for the long post.
How exciting! Nice that you can get back into your chickens!

I have Russian Orloffs. Mine are just hatchery from Rural King last year. Only pullets. Ironically, I had a Russian Orloff rooster that I hung onto for several years and finally decided to sell him last spring. A couple months later, I found the pullets at RK and then I was kicking myself for selling my male because none of my 10 pullets were an accidental rooster. Oh well, that how it goes.

If you eventually decide to sell any extra cockerels in the future, I would probably be interested in some if I still have these girls then.

:frowHi @muddy75 , I have 4 Brown Chinese goslings available. They are 1 week old tomorrow. I also have 8 eggs in lock down now, waiting for pips.
I’m just now catching up on threads 🙈 I’m planning a trip to Lafayette and back around through Bloomington next weekend 🤞 to pick up a cow and piglet…..any chance you may still have a couple available?

I would really love to get some Cochins. I do have 4 blue/black partridge cochin chicks coming from greenfire farms next month but I would like more. What colors do you have?

I have BBS, but the ones I have available are mostly Blacks and a few Blues. Solid Black and Blue, I should add, not Partridge! Mine are bantams, too, and silkie-feathered.

Iso butcher near Terre Haute, IN , having a hard time finding one , finally got a hold of one and he has a 10 bird minimum , and we have only 6 cayuga ducks we need butchered but would have to pay 55.00 for the 6 . Any help with a reasonable butcher around this area would greatly help:D:woot
HOOSIERS! UNITE!! There are actually 2 older threads for Indiana. Lets get together and make this one active for all of our benefit! After a few confusing months of trying to contact someone to get on Indiana's thread, I've since found out The OP's just aren't active anymore.
idunno.gif
This is for those of us that want a place to share local info, from breeders to processors. Food mills, veterinarians that will treat a chicken if necessary. Fun stuff like poultry shows, and just let off steam
rant.gif
if we need to! I started keeping fowl after being away from it almost 30 years. Some of this information was pretty hard to find where I am at, BYC has helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom