INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

[COLOR=8B4513]Great ideas,[/COLOR] @Leahs Mom [COLOR=8B4513]! I like the pillowcase sprout idea for winter because I would be too worried about sprouts-n-mold in the warm months. Your ideas[/COLOR] [COLOR=8B4513]reminded of some that I put together the summer before last. As I recall,[/COLOR] @ChickCrazed [COLOR=8B4513]was looking for ways to keep her chickens from being bored, so I apparently had some extra time on my hands to compile these lists. haha I'd rather do chicken-related graphics than my real job. [/COLOR];)
That would be all cool to actually watch done

So I'm building like a new better tractor and I was just wondering what size I should make it I'm thinking 8x5 run with a 5x5x4 coop or something like that how many run being nearly fully enclosed how many birds do you think I can fit into this ill post build pictures as it progresses but I have about 14 3-4 month olds that might need to go in it heat lamp will probably be provided for this winter it would be 6 light brahmas 6 Dominique's an ee and a Araucana the Araucana and ee might join the misfit flock which brings up another question introduction during winter.. Anyone have any experience there or helpful hints?

Last edited:
Question & story for anyone who has or had Sebrights: Did you ever have a Sebright that converses? Ours prefers to be treated like a parrot. If we offer her a finger, she'll jump on. I often talk to her, and she makes eye contact. When I pause, she makes gentle little conversation noises in response. I amuse myself (& others if they hear us) by pretending to understand the Sebright and make up silly conversations.

Just wondering if this is common. I think I read somewhere that these were chatty birds, but I never thought she actually would try to mimic conversation. I have a talkative Sussex mix. Of course all of her conversations are merely begging for treats. She simply follows me around with a long, low grumbly "Baaaaaaaaawk." The Sebright is completely different.

I don't think I mentioned it, but I am moving this next week. I am finally getting out of an apartment and into a house that has some surrounding property! I will be building a new chicken coop and putting in a fence soon.

Does anybody have tips on moving chickens? I plan on having everything set up before taking any birds to their new home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd say depends on method of transportation if your using a truck I'd use a tote with a towel because it would be pretty cold in the back if it's in closed a towel over the cage would be nice steve and the polish liked classical music

Hey all, just skimmed through 2 weeks worth of posts. My thoughts and prayers are with @jchny2000 and @sallyinindiana.

Thanks
I don't think I mentioned it, but I am moving this next week. I am finally getting out of an apartment and into a house that has some surrounding property! I will be building a new chicken coop and putting in a fence soon.

Does anybody have tips on moving chickens? I plan on having everything set up before taking any birds to their new home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I either crate them, or use boxes with plenty of air holes. Depending on the traveling distance, they do very well. Meant to add congrats on the new place! Any thoughts on breeds you want to keep?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom