INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hello from Mooresville! Anyone have any Maran chicks (or maybe even olive egger or a Cochin) 2-6/7 weeks old for sale within an hour drive? Would love to add to our chick mix!

My new little pup found my where my turkey had been laying that I didn't know about and came up with an egg she'd decided to eat!! I took that and she went straight to the nest and grabbed another one. I watched her and saved the other 3!! Lol! Now she checks that spot every time she goes out!

I now have 4 turkey eggs in the bator, along with a few shipped eggs and 16 MF Cochin eggs!
1f601.png

Tons of free livestock in Greenwood. https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/6034554370.html

Owner passed away. Includes emu, alpaca, an ostrich, peafowl, two earless goats.

I'm so irritated right now!!!

So I called regarding the peafowl after seeing this this morning. I left a voicemail and had not gotten a callback so I just called again and a young man answered.
He immediately mentioned the alpaca then the emu and said well one seems ill or off and probably needs to see a vet, I explained I was calling in regards to the peafowl, he says oh they're plentiful and then we got disconnected or so I thought. I immediately callback and a different young man answers and I say we must have been disconnected and he says "what, I wasn't talking to anyone "..so I explain again I was calling about the ad, What ad he asks? The peafowl, oh peacocks, I asked about being able to arrange seeing them and he says "Well how do I know you'll take care of them, they're my buddies ".... Needless to say he said there are 8, all males, after I said I was looking for females and I said well your ad said you have females, he said no, it does?, well you don't want males, I said no I need females, then he proceeds to just be silly, says well he may just have to "kick them to the curb"

I hung up!!!!

Sad that they're using a loss of a loved one as their ploy, to do what I don't know!

Sooo irritated, did I mention that already!?!?!

So beware! I know the contact number comes up as Mishawaka/South Bend area.

@ellymayRans That's strange. Maybe all of us should give these people a call just to give them a difficult time. Maybe those animals need to be rescued. I certainly would not go to that place by myself.

Ahhhh. Finally caught up on posts. I've lurked a few times, but work was keeping me busy. Oh, I would love to have chicks now, but in the summer we are moving and can't take our 4 hens with us. My dad will add them to his small flock til we move back in a year. All these chick pics are killing me.

So I called regarding the peafowl after seeing this this morning. I left a voicemail and had not gotten a callback so I just called again and a young man answered.
He immediately mentioned the alpaca then the emu and said well one seems ill or off and probably needs to see a vet, I explained I was calling in regards to the peafowl, he says oh they're plentiful and then we got disconnected or so I thought. I immediately callback and a different young man answers and I say we must have been disconnected and he says "what, I wasn't talking to anyone "..so I explain again I was calling about the ad, What ad he asks? The peafowl, oh peacocks, I asked about being able to arrange seeing them and he says "Well how do I know you'll take care of them, they're my buddies ".... Needless to say he said there are 8, all males, after I said I was looking for females and I said well your ad said you have females, he said no, it does?, well you don't want males, I said no I need females, then he proceeds to just be silly, says well he may just have to "kick them to the curb"

I hung up!!!!

Sad that they're using a loss of a loved one as their ploy, to do what I don't know!

South Bend is abiout 1 hour away from me. If your wanting peafowl, softbillsforsale.com has them listed by all kinds of breeders.

I hung up!!!!

Also if I find anyone near me with peahens, I'll be sure to let you know. So far there is this one https://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/6021067073.html

Are we able to ship adult peafowls? I know of someone who have peafowl near me but don't know if they sell them. I will be sure to call them and find out!

Back
Top Bottom