INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

[/IMG]

Hi everyone! It's been quite a spell since I've been on here but I knew this was the place to go with a chicken question! I'm super excited, my buff orp has been sitting on a nice clutch of eggs since the first week of march and my curiosity is getting the better of me. The only fertile eggs ended up being the eggs from my d'uccle and the eggs from one of my ee's (standard size). The roo in the pic above is the father(some kind of old english game cross) and the hens in the pics are the mothers. My question is: what colors can I expect from each? Is there a chance the blue from the ee hen and her muff will pop up n some of the chicks? And will some from the d'uccle hen have her extra feathering? I tried the chicken calculator, but when it came 2 putting in the coloring for the roo and the ee hen i got stumped. I know i only hav another week or so before they start hatching, but like I said, curiosity is killing me! Lol. I sure appreciate your time and guesses! Thanks! :)

Still looking for homes for my older Orp chicks!

All English. All NPIP. All vaccinated against Mareks.

1 black cockerel, gonna be huge, and Cogburn's grandson
1 pair of blues, also Cogburn's grands
1 pair of solid chocolates
2 pairs of chocolate cuckoos

PM me if interested. Will work with you on prices within reason for purchases of multiples.

Mix and match, I'm totally flexible.

I've had lots of happy buyers from the group! @jchny2000 @Mother2Hens @Faraday40 and others whose handles I've forgotten. Also @flyladyrocks.

Last edited:
Btw I am keeping a splash pullet and a black cuckoo split to chocolate cockerel for myself. It's my first splash girl! I'm also hanging onto a very sweet lav pullet but might be talked into selling her, but not alone. She mothered my little group of 3 and I was impressed with how henlike she was.

Last edited:
Last post today. I'm having a fairly big deal medical test/procedure tomorrow morning, and will happily accept all well wishes from friends and friends to be. It has been a wicked 2 weeks leading up to it. I'm on almost no pain meds, for the test, and it has been brutal. Hit my max pain level a week ago but it's still very bad. DH is taking the day off to tend to me and drive. If it works, I ought to feel pretty awesome for 12-24 hours, but I'm trying not to get too excited. Don't count your chickens!!

Last post today. I'm having a fairly big deal medical test/procedure tomorrow morning, and will happily accept all well wishes from friends and friends to be. It has been a wicked 2 weeks leading up to it. I'm on almost no pain meds, for the test, and it has been brutal. Hit my max pain level a week ago but it's still very bad. DH is taking the day off to tend to me and drive. If it works, I ought to feel pretty awesome for 12-24 hours, but I'm trying not to get too excited. Don't count your chickens!!

Sounds like you've had a tough road to go, best of luck!

So sorry
1f610.png
definitely sending well wishes!!

I'm interested in having a go at quail. Anyone have any available or hatching eggs?
Prefer Coturnix or Jumbo. Anyone with experience please share experience if you think I'd prefer something different. Wanted for the table.
I am going to buy eggs to restart mine pretty soon, I get them directly from James Marie Farms. His jumbo coturnix grow fast, lay great and are ice sized, often dress out at a pound. I have tried other breeds, they just don't compare to them as a table bird. Eggs are big for a quail too!
Just what I have been looking for! I would like to be part of this group. My name is Jeanne and I am co-owner of Cedar Road Farm. I live in Bourbon and have been here for 2-years now. I own 50-hens and 12 roosters and have 7-Pekin ducks and currently looking to add at least 6-more Pekin hens. I am also looking for a location in Northern In for Non-GMO feed and recipes to make my own feed if anyone would like to share. Thanks for letting me be part of this group!
Welcome to BYC and our thread!
frow.gif
Please feel welcome, jump right in!

Back
Top Bottom