INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

They are pretty. I have considered trying to create a BTA look alike mix, but would have to be way in the future.

Would be interested to know what color of eggs yours lay when they start.
One lays cream and one lays a cool white, they laid last night. Which is why she was getting rid of them and further supports the Polish/Araucana cross theory I've got going; but she did tell me up front what color they lay. Her other ones lay a beautiful blue egg, saw them in the nesting boxes. Crossing my fingers that my Ameraucanas lay blue, which I got from someone else and got to watch hatch
yesss.gif

Also to anyone interested, I have two Light Brahma and two Ameraucana pullets available, almost 12 and 11 weeks old. I'm in East Central Indiana.

Found Someone Selling 11 month old laying pullets for $5 each!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

So excited! I might buy 10+ Hens and Maybe get a Rooster.
Anyone have a pretty Rooster for free?

Last edited:
One lays cream and one lays a cool white, they laid last night. Which is why she was getting rid of them and further supports the Polish/Araucana cross theory I've got going; but she did tell me up front what color they lay. Her other ones lay a beautiful blue egg, saw them in the nesting boxes. Crossing my fingers that my Ameraucanas lay blue, which I got from someone else and got to watch hatch
yesss.gif
For the first time, after 10 years of chicken keeping, finally getting some colored egg layers. The eggs are in the incubator now. The father is Ameraucana, and hens are Ameraucana, and some other breeds. Hopefully, some lay some nice blue eggs, or shades of green, and some may even lay lavender tinted eggs!

Hey everyone. So, Monday we had the placement service for my husband for vicarage. It's like a year internship for the guys in school to be lutheran pastors. Anyway, we told them we didn't care where we were sent... it's only a year afterall. Well, we will be moving to BISMARCK, NORTH DAKOTA the end of July! Excited. Mostly. My dad will be keeping our 4 hens here in indiana til we get back. I'll miss them dearly, oh and our family of course too ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I feel really stupid asking this but I have like no chicken friends around me anymore to ask. Does anyone in the Columbus area have a few fertile hatching eggs (any breed, mixed, weird whatever) that they would be willing to part with? I'm looking to add new blood to my flock but I am kind of leery of buying off the internet. I would much prefer to pick them up instead of trusting the USPS (My track record with eggs this season has been pretty rough so far even without the mail guy kicking them across my lawn
1f611.png
) I would he willing to pay for them or exchange eggs for eggs if anyone wants to do a hatch along or anything... cough
Not too far away here in Mooresville. What type of hatching eggs are you looking for and what type of eggs do you have?

I'm thinking of driving all the way to Terre Haute to get a brown leghorn cockerel. Does anybody have one closer to Indy?

:bun :bun I just found straight run brown leghorns at TSC! :bun :bun

Not going to Terre Haute anymore! I can't believe my luck. This rarely happens. I stopped in for feed, and they only had two bins of chicks, that came in today. Not marked. The man said he thought they were straight run, but the hatchery hadn't marked the breed on the box. :(

Fortunately for me, they were out of my feed on the shelf, so he had to check the back, and they did have my feed. (Twice lucky today!) So while we were in the back, he double checked the chick mailer box, and I couldn't believe it when he said they were brown leghorns!!!

So we picked three that you could already see combs on, and three random ones. (Some have lighter down and some have darker.) Fingers crossed I will get one or two cockerels, and then I can sell the extra pullets. I know, backwards, right? But I already have 5 pullets, and I can't breed them if I have no male. I also want to mix them with my Speckled Sussex to make Mille Fleur leghorns, but Speckled Sussex males are hard to come by too.

I'm so excited by this unexpected find, I'm typing this in my car before I even leave the TSC parking lot!

:celebrate

Last edited:
For the first time, after 10 years of chicken keeping, finally getting some colored egg layers. The eggs are in the incubator now. The father is Ameraucana, and hens are Ameraucana, and some other breeds. Hopefully, some lay some nice blue eggs, or shades of green, and some may even lay lavender tinted eggs!
My grandma has an Ameraucana that lays lovely sea foam green eggs. I can't wait for my girls to start laying. Fingers crossed for August
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom