Indiana Chickenfest 2014

some info about the iowa blue hatching eggs we will bring to chickenfest:
#1: the silver pencil color is the breed standard color. we have only hatched 2 silvers in two hatches thus far. we have had more of the smokey & birchen colors + a few of the rarest charcoal color - so no guarantee of color from the eggs or hatching rate %age
#2 : we asking $18.oo / dozen or $9 / half dozen
#3 : Disclaimer - our EE roo generally only interested in the EE hens or our Chantacler hen, so being a "mixed" flock, i cannot guarantee 100% absolute purity , but it is highly likely they are
Let me know if still any interest

I would but it is too late in the season for me to be hatching. I've already filled up all of my growout areas. And I really really need to stick to my breeding plans and not start any new ones.

Ok trying to get caught up! Working on building coops for the breeding pens. Always something to do! Lol.

I honestly do not know what I'm bringing. I'll probably bring a homemade fresh black bean salsa (I buy it from a local lady! It's so good!) and a fruit salad/tray. I hate making anything for other people to eat as I do have 3 dogs and a cat in the house and I have a huge fear of getting animal hair in the food lol. If I decide to make anything, I will be making it at my parents house to save you guys from coughing up hair balls lol

As far as what I have available, it seems the list keeps getting longer! All prices negotiable!

*Several day to week old silkie chicks (they will be around 2-3 wks by chickenfest). Various colors. CHICKENFEST SPECIAL $2 each
* 1-2 barred split for lavender bantam Cochins. They will also be around 2-3 wks old by chickenfest. $5 each
*Young trio (looking like there is atleast 2 pullets and the other is looking like a pullet as well) LF partridge wyandottes $15 for trio around 8 wks old
*Chocolate orpington cockerel $10 around 8 wks old
*Splash modern game cockerel $8 around 8 wks old
*Birchen modern game cockerel $8 around 6 wks old
*Black modern game cockerel $10 around 5 months old
*Black breasted Black modern game hen $25 age unknown
*Splash with gold showgirl (unsexed) $10 around 8 wks old
*Buff Partridge Brahmas (3 available, all unsexed, atleast 2 look like pullets) $6 each/$15 for all around 8 wks old
*Bielfelder pair $30 (roo is small for age but starting to grow quite a bit now) NOTE: I'm pretty confident the pullet is a bielefelder, but may possibly be a non crested legbar these autosexing breeds look so much alike at young age. But again, pretty confident.
*Silkie cockerels/roosters. I have a white, partridge (beautiful color, not good crest), and blue with gold leakage all hatched beginning of feb. Have a blue with silver leakage who is a little younger than the previously listed. $5 each. All very well behaved. (Some of these maybe sold)

Hatching eggs
Lavender barred bantam cochin
Silkie (mixed color flock)
Silkie/showgirl in partridge, white, or black/blue pen
Crested cream legbar (Still getting some pullet eggs)
I can probably round up some Birchen Marans as well, but have 3 broody hens so can't do many.
Also mix eggs from NN, white rock, and brown leghorns covered by the Marans roos.

#1: the silver pencil color is the breed standard color. we have only hatched 2 silvers in two hatches thus far. we have had more of the smokey & birchen colors + a few of the rarest charcoal color - so no guarantee of color from the eggs or hatching rate %age
#3 : Disclaimer - our EE roo generally only interested in the EE hens or our Chantacler hen, so being a "mixed" flock, i cannot guarantee 100% absolute purity , but it is highly likely they are

I'd LOVE to get some, but if too am slowing down on both hatching and new breeds. I'm trying to play catch up now with building coops and runs for the chickens I have now lol!

frow.gif
hey guys finally made it over here!
I am still trying to figure out if I should just do table covers, signs etc as my pitch in part of it? DH is picky and a non veggie eater so I will for sure do a cheese sausage cracker tray. Menu sounds really yummy already! Will add my info to the spreadsheet tomorrow, getting late!
I should have available at chickenfest discount:
EE eggs
Guinea eggs (lavender, pearl,chocolate & white)
Muscovy eggs (black & pied, Lavender/pied, chocolate/barred or pied)
all $6 dozen
Coturnix quail, mixed pen of Golden, Tuxedo, Reds, and wild phase (jumbo)
$2 dozen
Goslings (White Chinese, Embden or mixed with African) $4
Ducklings, (Pekin or Muscovy) all started and will be a few weeks old +. $3
My ducks are not mixed in due to being a different species. The cross will create a "mule" sterile offspring.
I am always looking for egg swaps, lets trade! PM if interested.

We are still hoping to be able to attend - may just bring a $$ donation towards food or ??, since im not sure about keeping anything refrigerated for a 4&1/2 hour trip.
We plan to bring some Iowa Blue hatching eggs to sell - hopefully all will work out with my work schedule to be able to attend
I hope you can make it
fl.gif
really looking forward to meeting everyone!
OOOOOooooooooh that's very tempting on the eggs! DH will kill me. I need to reduce my waterfowl before I add more breeds but I may sneak em in
wink.png
Will look at my hatches and see if I will have room.

I'm sorry, I kind of feel like I'm butting in or eavesdropping here, but what is "Chickenfest" and where is it being held??
Not butting in at all! Please drop in and meet the active indiana thread, we have a lot of wonderful caring members. We don't just talk chicken either!
Lots of fantastic people with years of experience in poultry, waterfowl and livestock, and huge support group all over our state and beyond.
There is a link to our page at the bottom of this post
big_smile.png

@racinchickins : i'll claim the Fayoumi hen (for a michigan thread member that has recently got a cockerel from a good friend of us) - she would like to get him a girlfriend .
as long as you are ok to sell it to me, knowing in advance it will be re-homed to someone else

Sounds good to me. I'll hold her for you.

I am interested in at least a half dozen maybe a dozen. I am not supposed to get any more chickens for awhile but I wasn't told I couldn't get hatching eggs and they won't be chickens for at least 20 days. Iowa Blues have been on my list ever since I found out there were chickens beside what you buy at the farm store. Hope that you are able to attend.

I am interested in at least a half dozen maybe a dozen. I am not supposed to get any more chickens for awhile but I wasn't told I couldn't get hatching eggs and they won't be chickens for at least 20 days. Iowa Blues have been on my list ever since I found out there were chickens beside what you buy at the farm store. Hope that you are able to attend.

Apparently you need to be re-educated in the rules of chicken Math! You not only have at least 20 days till you have chicks (chicks not chickens!) then it will be at least another 20 weeks till they start laying, and they don't count til then so that means it will be a good 5 months till you actually have chickens, so that counts for way more the "awhile" so let me reassure you - you're good to get those eggs!

Apparently you need to be re-educated in the rules of chicken Math! You not only have at least 20 days till you have chicks (chicks not chickens!) then it will be at least another 20 weeks till they start laying, and they don't count til then so that means it will be a good 5 months till you actually have chickens, so that counts for way more the "awhile" so let me reassure you - you're good to get those eggs!
So that means that I don't have to count the other 80 or so (probably closer to 100) 1 to 4 month olds that aren't laying yet either, right? If that's the case I only have about 30 actually chickens and I really shouldn't have to count them because I think they went on strike as far as laying goes, or else they have a really good hiding spot for their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom