Inflatable Christmas (or other holiday) yard decor

Quote:
I'm with zzgypsy on this one. Besides....
hide.gif
in this weeks Kmart ad they have a wire lighted pig with antlers that would look lovely in front of the barn.
wink.png

Okay, HAD to check this out. Oh, my!!! There's a pig Santa, too!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_07110670000P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

lau.gif

HEYYYYYY my six year old insisted on buing the pig, she loves pig.

All of you scared of inflatables best not drive by my house during the hollidays... lol I have won contests when I lived in apartments, and since I have been in the country, I have just gotten crazier. My entire barn loft, a storage area in the attic and a 10 x 15 storage shed are stuffed to the gills. I don't just have airblowns, but also old fashioned blowmolds, lights, animatronics, the works.

We have a huge blow up Santa in the front yard. It gives us a lot of chuckles. Sometimes I come home from work and he is listing to one side or the other. When I get in the house I always ask the hub what he and Santa have been drinking....

Across from a local Huge High School, was a big Christmas tree lot, with santas, snowmen, Rudolph. One night the high schooler's rearranged them all into naughty poses, quite to the amusement of the morning rush hour.

Anyway, we don't get snow for Christmas here. There are more than a few homes that keep the lights up year round, one is in our neighborhood. Since half the street lights are no longer working (not complaining, I like it dark in the countryside), it really lights up the evening walks.

I'm waiting, wondering what the corporate designers will come up with next! The blow-ups have been around a few years, it's about time for the next wave of decorating technology to hit.

You all might want to stay away from our house then. We have at least 6 of them and add to each year. We are the Griswolds of our neighborhood. Our last house had an odd shaped lot and the front and back could be easily seen, so we decorated both sides. Inflatables, lights on the house, lights in the window, lights on the fence, lights staked in the ground, we even decorated the street light in front of our house. It takes at least 2 full weekends to get everything up inside and out. We never received any complaints from the neighbors and won the neighborhood decorating contest that we didn't even know was going on. While we were there, there were several families that made it a tradition to walk to our house and look at the decorations. I loved watching the little kids' faces.

Just to give you a little background in Chula Vista, CA, near where DH and I grew up, there was Candy Cane Lane and Christmas Circle. Just about every house on those streets would go over the top decorating. Cars line up blocks away just to drive down the road and see the lights. DH and I both dreamed of being able to do that when we grew up.

We also have an inflatable turkey and an inflatable Dallas Cowboys helmet that goes up on gameday.

Aaakk! I think they are tacky too! Around here a lot of people only have small front yards and they fill every inch of space with the stupid things
tongue.png
One place even has this huge inflatable ferris wheel with santa's helpers riding on it......rediculous.
We have a med sized palm tree out front and I like to put lights around the trunk and up on each frond...looks really cool

I loved watching the little kids' faces.

Anything that puts a smile on a kids face or wonder in their heart can't be all bad.

Oh....I didn't know they had a Santa Pig! It does leave me to wonder....why a pig? I mean I know I love pigs, but why did the manufacturer decide on a pig?​

Quote:
Anything that puts a smile on a kids face or wonder in their heart can't be all bad.

I like your perspective.
smile.png

Still... I think I'll stick with lights in my yard. If I didn't care about my neighbors (or our electric bill), I'd probably be one of the "crazies" that does the whole music-coordinated light show complete with radio transmitter...probably to something like Mannheim Steamroller or "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
smile.png
My husband would probably kill me. Ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom