Injured duck

kej3511

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 24, 2014
So this am we let out the ducks and our one duck was lagging behind a bit...once she reached the pond about 100' away she was hardly walking ...she struggled real hard. I picked her up and put her in the coop in her pond and soaked her in Epsom salt. She's acting normal just having a real hard walking around. After I soaked her for a good 20-30 mins I put her in a nice sized crate with food and water and she's seems ok.... Standing alright but hard to tell how her movement is since she's ffairly confined.
She's not eating at the moment I'm assuming because she's stressed. Anything else I can do for her, or any idea what can be wrong?

Im assuming she sprained something but it's so hard to diagnosis.

Another issues I have with her that's been ongoing since when I first got her ....I got her from a women that many many many ducks and she got pretty beat up by the males...her overall feathers look horrible. On her back she almost looks like she has a fungus.... And I'm not sure how to treat it. Her buddy that I picked up that was in similar condition but not as bad looks almost a 100% better. I have two males but they aren't mating yet that I have noticed...they are approx 14 weeks old the males.
I attached a photo of her feathers. Any advice here too? All my other ducks have beautiful looking feathers except her.

For her leg I would supplement vitamins in her water. Also when my ducks have a leg injury I give them brewers yeast sprinkled on their food.
For feathers I give them a mix of foods that is higher protein. Like a game/show bird mix. I am not an expert but that is what I do.

Ok,Thanks! I gave her an assortment of things and she seems better. She's standing better at least. I'm,going to let her out of the crate Tom and see how she moves. I'm worried about her feather and skin condition thoih. I used some vetermicyn on her and,hope that helps. I attached more photos of her. None of my other ducks are in the same c
[/IMG]ondition.

Back
Top Bottom