Interesting Stall Dry info

rubysmom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Oregon
I just talked to the stall dry rep and the DE in Stall Dry is food grade just in case anyone is interested.
It contains food grade DE and red clay and thats it.
He also said that it is perfectly safe to use on your compost pile as well.

Yep! A lot of people are using it in their runs and coops. The red clay is supposed to "sweeten" things up.
smile.png

I swear by it. I use it all the time and my feed store orders it just for me. Finding DE can be hard sometimes and this stuff really works, my hens even have been known to dust bathe in it. It reminds me of very fine cat litter.

DE worked great on all of my birds. I'm thankful my feed store carries it so I don't have to pay for shipping. Although paying for shipping might be cheaper than the cost of gas to go get it now.

I am excited because I can't get the plain food grade DE so I would have to pay shipping. The dry stalll is carried in my farm store and is super cheap, $10 I think?

The consistency is different I hear, more like cat litter, less like flour. I heard some some folks were debating the breathing it in issue so maybe the heavier particles might be better for some.

The compost thing is cool too. We are having a heck of a fly problem this year so I definitely need to use something.

Back
Top Bottom