Internal broken soft shell egg

Saris what makes you think she has an infection? is she acting funny droopy or does her vent smell like its bacteria ridden? Do you have Kats page for giving her a health check up? and Kat will like images I am sure

you have other meds?
Besides the Tylan I have Denagard and OxyTetracycline.

just dont chill her, she prol needs cleaned anyways?

She needs cleaned a bit, i will keep her warm

Saris what makes you think she has an infection? is she acting funny droopy or does her vent smell like its bacteria ridden? Do you have Kats page for giving her a health check up? and Kat will like images I am sure

She had a mostly laid broken soft shelled egg hanging from her vent, I had to pull about an inch of the soft shell part out of her to dislodge it. It must've been very recently "laid" as he vent was still doing the "inside out" thing when I pulled it out. her vent returned to normal so it wasn't a prolapse. The next day she still had a creamy thin liquidy white substance on her vent feathers and her comb was a tad droopy. Today (3 days from the broken softshell) she is noticabley paler in the comb and she still hasn't laid and I found her standing with her neck tucked in and feathers fluffed up. When I'm where she can see me she perks up, but when she can't she me she just fluffs up and stands in the same spot.
If she has an infection, I think something like Baytril would be better.

-Kathy
I have no Baytril, and I've exceeded my poultry spending funds. I need to treat her with what I have or cull her.

Last edited:
I think the Denagard could be used to treat a repro tract infection, but I'm not sure... Google tiamulin and E. coli, and tiamulin and pseudomonas. Oxytetracyline probably won't work.

-Kathy

Now I'm thinking it may be a symptom of something else.....I went to snag a pic of Fluffy B and noticed 2 of my wyandottes have faded combs, my OE is just sitting on the ground a bit ruffled and sleepy looking and my sex link just had diarrhea in front of me.

Fluffy B

Her vent feathers

SLW with faded comb (she has already finished her molt so it's not from that)

OE napping

Multiple chickens laying down, in the back fluffy B has her head tucked under her wing.
She may be sacrificed for a necropsy at this point....

Back
Top Bottom