International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Ok, here's a few videos. They're super short.

This one is Joannie...

This one is Angel, my nest box monitor making sure there's bedding in all 3 nest boxes...🤣 And I think that was Black doing the drive-by..

Betty in a Mexican stand-off...

And here's all of the them. Might have been a mistake throwing scratch down. I'm not too impressed with Kong at that moment..

The babies are exploring the territory like healthy babies do.

Kong hasn't figured out the chicks are not intruders but part of the flock.
Hopefully he will accept them.

Sometimes when I'm integrating young birds with the flock I will feed them separated by fencing for a few days. This puts the younger eating near the older before they can get to each other. Just a bit of scratch or small bits of something.

Then when they are together, the first few times I give them treats, I scatter them over a large area out side. The younger ones learn they can eat on the outskirts of the older flock.

In my flock the troublemaker is always the hen lowest on the pecking order. She's finally got some young'uns to boss around. :lol:

The babies are exploring the territory like healthy babies do.

Kong hasn't figured out the chicks are not intruders but part of the flock.
Hopefully he will accept them.

Sometimes when I'm integrating young birds with the flock I will feed them separated by fencing for a few days. This puts the younger eating near the older before they can get to each other. Just a bit of scratch or small bits of something.

Then when they are together, the first few times I give them treats, I scatter them over a large area out side. The younger ones learn they can eat on the outskirts of the older flock.

In my flock the troublemaker is always the hen lowest on the pecking order. She's finally got some young'uns to boss around. :lol:
That's really good advise, yes I was trying to rush it. I did bring just him into the run with the babies today. He acknowledged their presence but didn't go after any of them, so that's a little progress. But they stayed well away also.
The girls tho are doing really good with them, Black actually let 2 of them pick at her beak.

That was neat to see.

Thank you again... ♥️

That is why I only have 4500 replies in 11 years. I mostly lurk, and usually come out when summoned or I see something interesting.
In my best 'Monty Python' voice, "I will have to summon thee"
thou, more often....thou. 😁

1714264096998.png

Back
Top Bottom