Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Pics
It's getting to be bedtime here. I am going to try and not open that incubator top anymore tonight! With her in the cup it's hard to see her thru my window lol. She is still peeping and squirming and BREATHING, which right now is my biggest concern. She's lubed up, nice and warm and moisty so I'm going to bed tonight hoping she'll make it thru. I have a question before I turn in...how will I know that she's absorbed all of the yolk? What if she doesn't? Then what should I do? How long do I wait before I know when to do something? Ok I know it was more than one question, but I am a newbie
1f644.png
1f914.png

I couldn't tell how big it was, but in my opinion, if she makes it through the night, I would bet by tomorrow evening, she will start wiggling and trying to get out of the cup. She will rest and continue to absorb thru tomorrow, like they normally do inside the shell. When she starts getting close to being done, it will be more difficult to keep her in the cup! :D

Prayers for a restful sleep for you. Please give us an update in the morning. And best of luck!

I couldn't tell how big it was, but in my opinion, if she makes it through the night, I would bet by tomorrow evening, she will start wiggling and trying to get out of the cup. She will rest and continue to absorb thru tomorrow, like they normally do inside the shell. When she starts getting close to being done, it will be more difficult to keep her in the cup! :D

Prayers for a restful sleep for you. Please give us an update in the morning. And best of luck!

Thank you!
1f600.png

Good morning friends. I have good news. Baby duck survived the night!!!
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

I'm so optimistic now. Before I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I think (God willing and the creek don't rise) that this little one might actually make it. She's hunkered down in the cup all comfy like it's her "egg" now and appears to be doing ok. She's still peeping occasionally and moving her mouth like she's still absorbing her yolk. THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has given advice and support! This was definitely a TEAM effort!!! I'll update again later.

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

I'm so optimistic now. Before I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I think (God willing and the creek don't rise) that this little one might actually make it. She's hunkered down in the cup all comfy like it's her "egg" now and appears to be doing ok. She's still peeping occasionally and moving her mouth like she's still absorbing her yolk. THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has given advice and support! This was definitely a TEAM effort!!! I'll update again later.

Excellent! Keep us posted :fl

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

Definitely encouraging news! :fl

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

That's good news.

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

Hurrah!
fl.gif

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

Great news!!
fl.gif

1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

:celebrate :hugs

Awesome news!!!

Hi everyone I've been running all day, but baby duck is still in her cup/egg nest she looks very comfy and she is peeping occasionally and she's still swallowing like she absorbing her yolk. I'm just going to leave her to it. Mama duck hatched her very first hatchling today!!! Her baby is so perfect and cute. No crest tho. I hope some of them get it since dad has it. Quick question...this baby has some coconut oil on her feathers because I put some in and around her shell. How should I get that off and when should I? I know after she's up and around, but like right after, or should I wait? Will mom duck preen it away, or no? I'll update when I have more news!

Back
Top Bottom