Iowa Blue Chickens - Understanding The Traditional Type

There are records of a chinese pheasant being crossed with chickens in the early part of the breed, and there are modern examples of the cross, so it is possible. No one has had any genetic testing done that I know of.

Soon after falling in love with iowa blues, I came into contact with an Iowa blue owner who offered to give me as many purebred chicks as I wanted for free for a 4h project. Planning on continuing the breed within my own flock as soon as i get them in late march. Hoping to give some chicks to deserving owners once they start breeding.

I got them on April 23rd because of an incubator issue. Havent taken a recent pic. 2 silvers, 2 charcoal, and 2 smokies. Will post as soon as i find the picture.

This was taken a couple hours after they hatched. The brown one is Diesel and the silver is Silvia (Hopefully not Sylvester!).

They look very nice! They have such fun colors and are unique in their personality. You may have already noticed that by now!!! Who did you get your eggs from?

I got them after they hatched from a local farmer. They already have their plumage coming in. Excited to show them at fair(assuming HPAI doesn't get worse)!

Back
Top Bottom