Iowans, what processors are still butchering chickens?

No, I've butchered before. I had a friend with 3 spent hens who showed me how. She skins them though as she pressure cooks the spent hens because their tough. It's not that I ~couldn't~ do it, I'd just prefer not too. I think everyone should ~know~ how to do it. Plus, they only charge something like $2.30 per bird to do it.

For me, it's more of a time thing. I work full-time in a job that can be rather stressful, have a longish communte, so I have very little free time as it is, and when i do, I want to ride my horses!
smile.png
I really have to try and pare down the other things going on in my life and prioritize the horses because as you know, we have so few good riding days anyway. So, hey, if someone can do this for me for that little of money, I'm there!!
lol.png

That's not a bad price at all. Well worth it. Hope you had a chance to ride your horses in the 50 degree weather yesterday. What a nice day. Take care and good luck. Dennis

Urbana Poultry Processing
5519 33rd Avenue
Center Point, IA 52213
(319) 443-2335

These people do a great job and they are reasonably priced.

I know this is an old thread.... but I am looking for this information. Anyone know about the one in Ackley or Grimes? Maybe the name of them? Has anyone used them? Thanks!!!

There is one in Bagley it's called the Bagley locker they will start butchering chickens the week of May 12th until November. Their number is (641) 757-0641. Bagley is about an hour west of Des Moines on hwy 141. They have a Facebook page too

Back
Top Bottom