Iridescent feathers

I like your project a lot @RobG7aChattTN You've gotten them very close to the Bekisar. I imagine continued inbreeding of these birds will exhibit even more extreme iridescence.
I don’t know how much they can improve but I’d be happy if they did. I’ll keep inbreeding them but at this point I’m going to focus more on type and if I get any birds with better color then of course I’ll keep pushing in that direction. These more recent birds are definitely the best for color so far so I at least expect to get all my birds to this level.

I don’t know how much they can improve but I’d be happy if they did. I’ll keep inbreeding them but at this point I’m going to focus more on type and if I get any birds with better color then of course I’ll keep pushing in that direction. These more recent birds are definitely the best for color so far so I at least expect to get all my birds to this level.
What type are you wanting? Personally I'd be going for Phoenix and Cornish bantam, but I'm rather biased personally, lol

What type are you wanting? Personally I'd be going for Phoenix and Cornish bantam, but I'm rather biased personally, lol
This guy’s size and build:
IMG_1877.jpeg

And this guy’s tail:
IMG_1559.jpeg

Those two are closely related (same father and mothers related). If only I had chanced upon those traits on one bird but the big guy is the only one quite like him and the one with the big tail is the only one Ingot with a tail like that.

The bottom bird reminds me of a sumatra. Is that part of the ancestry?
There’s some Sumatra way way way back at the very beginning. Probably 9 generations back. For a while there were even multi-spurred birds. At this point there’s more O Shamo and Tomaru in them than Sumatra but there are certainly some genes in there.

Back
Top Bottom