Irresponsible dog owners=dead chickens

Thank you so much minpinmama, that is such an sweet offer. I'm almost afraid to tell my kids, they would be bouncing off the walls waiting the next three months!
wee.gif

Thanks!

Dogs should not be allowed to roam free without supervision from their owners. I am from the UK and no dog is allowed to be off lead without someone taking care of it. If a dog is seem wandering around the streets without anyone with it, it will likely be caught and taken to the dog pound.

I wish it was more like that here, but we are such a small town it's the police that have to deal with animal control so they don't really bother with loose dogs unless they are a threat to a human. And if I were to find a lost/stray dog I would have to drive over an hour to drop them off at the Humane Society. I just wish people would have more respect for their neighbors and their pets. These dogs are running in the roads and could easily get hurt or cause an accident. It's horrible to have some other animals poo in the grass that your kids run around and play in. Oh, and to have some dog barking at you while your in your own yard or home!
somad.gif
That really ticks me off!!

The dog killed or nearly killed all but one of my birds just for fun. The hardest part was having to mercy kill the girls that the dog didn't finish. I wanted to cry when I walked up to one of my girls and she looked at me because she knew what was coming.

Oh I'm so sorry, it happened here too. All the killings were just for fun, non of the girls were eaten or chewed up. They were all just for fun. We had to put two of them down. One of them tried so hard to get up and walk and only one side of her would work. It was so sad.

We live in a neighborhood with several loose dogs. I have dogs myself and love our animals but I get my pellet gun out and shoot these wandering dogs with it because they always harass my chickens and stress them out.
I may have to give that a try and have a pellet gun at the ready, that ought to teach them to stay away!

I'm very sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Yes, they are our pets. Why don't people take responsibility for their dogs??
rant.gif
Thank you. I think people don't take responsibility because they are lazy and selfish. It's so much easier to think of yourself then it is others. Pretty sad.

I've been trying the pellet gun approach and it doesn't seem to be working for me. They just keep coming. I don't want to but I may end up having to move up a caliber or two so they get the picture.

the same happend to me thursday. we called animal control and you know what they did to the guy for 3 dead hens 2 OF WICH WERE SHOW HENS 1 dead rabbit 1 attack rooster A (expletive removed) WARNING. If they come back im going to shoot all 3 of them dead. WARNING MY (expletive removed).

~Bypassing censor with symbols not allowed~

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying the pellet gun approach and it doesn't seem to be working for me. They just keep coming. I don't want to but I may end up having to move up a caliber or two so they get the picture.

When I was a kid there was a dog that would come into our yard and bark at us. And if the windows were open it would even came up to the house and bark and growl through the windows! So my mom got a water gun blaster, it would shoot up to 30', and made up some cayenne pepper mace type mixture and sprayed that dog each time we saw it. We didn't even care if the owner was out front of their house. We've asked several times for them to keep their dog in their own yard but they never bothered. So they got to deal with a freaking out pepper sprayed dog and it didn't take long for them to stop letting him out.
lol.png

I have shot one of the dogs with a pellet gun while the neighbors watched. They called the dog after I shot it but they still refuse to do anything about it. We have told them that if the dogs keep coming over here they are subject to disappear. They still didn't seem to care. Just makes me so mad
somad.gif

My mother never has to deal with stray dogs...normally. Since we got 50 CX free ranging in an electric fence paddock, we've had several visits from stray dogs. The last two, traveling together, started running as soon as I stepped out the door~this tells me they've been shot at before. This also tells me that they are used to running all over the country wreaking havoc. Both overfed with collars on, which also tells me they belong to someone who feeds them at home~so NOT strays but someone's so-called pet coming to our house for a potential good time chasing livestock.

I have the .22 rifle ready by the window....

This is NOT the country to let your dogs run loose and the newer neighbors in the area just haven't learned that lesson yet~but they soon will.

the same happened to me thursday. we called animal control and you know what they did to the guy for 3 dead hens 2 OF WICH WERE SHOW HENS 1 dead rabbit 1 attack rooster A WARNING. If they come back im going to shoot all 3 of them dead. WARNING MY .

That's total BS, a huge load of BS!!!!! What does it take to get something done, have the dogs kill all your family pets?!
rant.gif

Some towns it's allowed to shoot other animals that are trespassing on your property and are a threat to you or your family and this sounds like a major threat!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom