Is anyone locking down for Avian flu?

I have a Black Australop cockerel with three wives, one buff Orpington, one Speckled Sussex, quite a few white leghorns (9?) some Light Sussex, Rhode Island Reds including a
Cockerel, a Couple of Peking bantams, a Buff Sussex and various hybrids. This year I am going to breed more Australians to sell and some RiRs also some RIR cockerel x Leghorn and Light Sussex hybrids in hope of some better layers. I was lucky enough to inherit a modest field so have been able to go a bit crazy!

Wow! Sounds amazing. Would love to see pics.

How lucky to inherit a field. I want a goat but not sure my neighbours would be pleased ha ha.

These are my babies in the tunnel before it got decimated tee hee.

Sofia facing Eddie off after stealing his food ha ha. I also have 4 cats.

Hi all

Getting a bit fed up now.  I spent an hour 'securing' my poly tunnel last night only to wake up this morning and it had gone!  It was a tangled mess on the park land next to my house! :he  

I tried to move it before work but couldn't so had to leave it.  Took me ages to disassemble -ish tonight and have thrown it in back garden in disgust ha ha.  Even have some of the bigger bits on my front lawn.  I hope it is not stolen for scrap metal ha ha.

How is everyone else doing?
NOO!! That sound awful, especially after all the work you put into it :-(

I'm doing not too bad, I've extended their outside run (with tarp over it) so hopefully they're not as bored. I think I'll construct them a dust bath tomorrow. I have a feeling they'll extend the lockdown into March if they keep finding cases in the country :-((

Flipping Jagger! One of my cats, doesn't understand bio security! Just spent 10 minutes rescuing a wild bird that she brought in. Luckily it was OK but flapping around my bedroom. She must have snatched it whilst roosting. Managed to catch it and set it free.
Maybe I should leave laptop open on defra site so she understands about wild birds and chickens ha ha.

Flipping Jagger!  One of my cats,  doesn't understand bio security!  Just spent 10 minutes rescuing a wild bird that she brought in.  Luckily it was OK but flapping around my bedroom.  She must have snatched it whilst roosting.  Managed to catch it and set it free.
Maybe I should leave laptop open on defra site so she understands about wild birds and chickens ha ha.
Oh no, I can just imagine!!

I'm doing not too bad, I've extended their outside run (with tarp over it) so hopefully they're not as bored. I think I'll construct them a dust bath tomorrow. I have a feeling they'll extend the lockdown into March if they keep finding cases in the country :-((

I know Beth.

Ah well - trying to be pragmatic about it. All my tarps have blown off as well. Wish this wind had come when I was still off sick ha ha.

Mine have a dust bath but prefer to make their own ha ha. Was so cute the other day-all 3 of the fattie batties found a dry bit in the run and had a communal bathe. I just stood there smiling and watching for ages. They never fail to make me feel happy.

Back at work now so only manage an hour or so in the light so it's manic. Can't wait for weekend. Am going to burn wood and make lots of ash for them. That's if we don't have the predicted snow fall. However, thinking about it -still possible tee hee.

They're all moulting as well are yours? Also, think one has vent gleet so she will be bathed and medicated on Saturday.

Oh the joys tee hee.

Wouldn't change a thing
yippiechickie.gif

By March, birds will of stopped migrating, so the outbreaks will probally die down....

By March, birds will of stopped migrating, so the outbreaks will probally die down....

Fingers crossed ha ha. Am already thinking about what I need to do to prepare for the next outbreak. I have wasted loads of money by not researching properly so am going to take my time and hide my credit card ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom