Is anyone locking down for Avian flu?

We have used scaffold netting to cover our electric fence, fixed with cable ties. We have had to section of a small area of the run. Seems to work OK, problem is when it gets wet it soaks my back when I'm in the run! The chickens don't seem to mind it though.

Hi Paulamc
This is a picture of my Avery panels being move to new spot of grass, I will send another pic once done, but given up today as I have a cold and it's turned - 4 today and we are just not used to it being so cold here. I have put my girls in their other temporary make **** enclosure whilst doing it which is net over my pergola.

Tanya1
Hi. Have order fence posts and chicken wire etc. Thanks for the inspiration. Your garden looks lovely x

Hi all

Sorry had trouble getting signed back in and have also been unwell.
My poor girls are still under my pergola (their other temporary home) as we were thinking of extending the system we have going and adding a wooden moveable pergola that we are hoping to do this weekend .
Will send pic if we get it done.
Our baby chocs are growing so cute,
Love hearing what you have been up too any planning
:)
Tanya

Had this text from APHA (Animal and Plant Health Authority yesterday....

APHA: The Avian Influenza Prevention Zone covering England will be amended on 28 February. Plans for expected enhanced biosecurity in England have been announced by Defra. More info at www.gov.uk/defra

Basically there is a map showing different zones of the country. If you live within the ‘Higher Risk’ areas they expect to put in place from 28 February 2017 (as well as within the Protection or Surveillance zones around any infected premises) you need to continue as you are currently. If not you can reduce to bird scaring measures as well as continuing with biosecurity (disinfectant dip for boots, food and water inside etc). You will need to look on the website to see which area you are in and also read guidance about what needs to be done if you are not in the high risk areas. APHA are giving prior warning if this now to give time to prepare and as yet this is what they expect will happen after 28th Feb. We must continue as we are for now though.

I have started making giant compost 'sand castles' using big buckets of compost from my heap. The birds love to rake through them and find bits to eat.

Had this text from APHA (Animal and Plant Health Authority yesterday....

APHA: The Avian Influenza Prevention Zone covering England will be amended on 28 February. Plans for expected enhanced biosecurity in England have been announced by Defra. More info at www.gov.uk/defra

Basically there is a map showing different zones of the country. If you live within the ‘Higher Risk’ areas they expect to put in place from 28 February 2017 (as well as within the Protection or Surveillance zones around any infected premises) you need to continue as you are currently. If not you can reduce to bird scaring measures as well as continuing with biosecurity (disinfectant dip for boots, food and water inside etc). You will need to look on the website to see which area you are in and also read guidance about what needs to be done if you are not in the high risk areas. APHA are giving prior warning if this now to give time to prepare and as yet this is what they expect will happen after 28th Feb. We must continue as we are for now though.

I have started making giant compost 'sand castles' using big buckets of compost from my heap. The birds love to rake through them and find bits to eat.

Another outbreak today!!!
he.gif

Hi all

Sorry had trouble getting signed back in and have also been unwell.
My poor girls are still under my pergola (their other temporary home) as we were thinking of extending the system we have going and adding a wooden moveable pergola that we are hoping to do this weekend .
Will send pic if we get it done.
Our baby chocs are growing so cute,
Love hearing what you have been up too any planning
:)
Tanya
Looking forward to pics :) Hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to pics :) Hope you're feeling better.
Aawww sweetie can empathise has have a cold and shocking cough that's keeping me up nights! Hope you're feeling better boo xx

Planning a big garden extension during half term. Just wish I had a part time chap who cold help ha ha. Did the marriage thing once but don't plan to do it again!! So, it's just me
big_smile.png
Will keep everyone posted on my progress- or not!!! ha ha

Am in the higher risk area so have to make a lot of adjustments
he.gif
Tee hee x

I'm loving everyone's ideas... I'm in the high risk area
1f61f.png
. My girls would love a bit of grass action- tho I am interested - if you make a new run on your lawn using fencing / tarp etc, are you not running the risk of infecting them from faeces etc already on that patch of grass? Or am I over-worrying? Would love to get my girls out!

Back
Top Bottom