Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Now I'm waiting to see if they email me back to answer where I can purchase the thermostat control since I asked that question in my email.

Someone that has it: Is there a manufacturer stated on it? If so, please post :D
Did you read back in the thread to see that Azure Acres has already asked and received an answer?

I have one of each and will be willing to test them head to head - although I will not be hatching any chicks 'til the end of February!

Mine came today! Now I just need some chicks to put under it. Of course, first I'll need eggs that aren't frozen.
lol.png

ok can anyone tell me about their experience with the Premiere1? I'm really on the fence between the two. I'd like to see how those who have it like the Premiere. Is it working well? How about getting hotter than the Brinsea? Is that causing problems? I assume it's not a fire hazard, but that concerns me a bit. I'd like to hear from those with experience with the Premiere1. Do you love it? Even those with both models.
Thank you
smile.png

ok can anyone tell me about their experience with the Premiere1? I'm really on the fence between the two. I'd like to see how those who have it like the Premiere. Is it working well? How about getting hotter than the Brinsea? Is that causing problems? I assume it's not a fire hazard, but that concerns me a bit. I'd like to hear from those with experience with the Premiere1. Do you love it? Even those with both models.
Thank you
smile.png
Did you read this entire thread? It answers your questions...but ...this is a new product, just out this year I believe, so not much actual experience yet.

Did you read this entire thread? It answers your questions...but ...this is a new product, just out this year I believe, so not much actual experience yet.
I did read the entire thread but it seems no one I've found has used it yet on their chicks. (At least that's what I recall. Read over it the past couple of days). Except one person who's chicks wouldn't go under it but was thinking that was because it may be too high up. Another concern was: if they have to press up against it (like the brinsea), wouldn't they choose not too if it gets too hot? I would love to hear how the chicks are liking it. For me, it's a whole new ball game to see it in action.

Back
Top Bottom