Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
I ripped a 2x4 and then dadoded it a half inch deep and used 1/16" aluminum plate slid that in and put a piece of 11" flex watt taped to the inside of it using the metal tape found at Lowe's.Drilled one hole on each corner and put all thread with washers and nuts through the holes to adjust the height of the heat plate.I used an in line dimmer switch to control the heat.it works great!!!

How many watts does it use?

So the general consensus is that the premier is safe and reliable? Love not needing a light and sounds like the chicks like plates better anyways, just worried that the low cost might mean low quality? Also is the cover worth it?

So the general consensus is that the premier is safe and reliable? Love not needing a light and sounds like the chicks like plates better anyways, just worried that the low cost might mean low quality? Also is the cover worth it?
I have found the plate a very reliable heat source. I can't speak to the cover as I went cheap - press & seal has worked quite well for easy clean up & changes out nicely.

It's been safe & reliable for me and several others on this thread. It's something I've had to adjust to since I like to just see a light and see how the chicks are acting under the bulb so I know all is well. The quality seems fine to me.

I like my premier now that I actually have it. I bought a cover too. All I have to say is don't buy the cover

Back
Top Bottom