Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Just an FYI.... the maker of the heat plate DOES offer a thermostat dial to go with it. Premier doesn't offer it, however, and since it's made outside the US the shipping may be prohibitive. I just use the lamp dimmer switch that was shown above. Worked great.

hey everyone! update on my new brooder since I received it!
I absolutely LOVE IT! I definitely want to be buying another soon! ive been using mine since December, and my two chicks are on their last notch in the height the brooder goes! by far, this is the best brooder! I love it! at first the heat was a bit high, but I didn't worry about it because the chicks knew to move from it if too hot. im still using it only because the chicks are in my garage and its 17 degrease out....but im moving them off of it soon :)

Ok i'm getting ready to order my premiere plate. Is it still true that you don't need the cover? I hate cleaning my brinseas off and wondering about the cover for the premiere. I use a thick cling wrap over the brinsea, but still. poop is no fun :)

Ok i'm getting ready to order my premiere plate. Is it still true that you don't need the cover? I hate cleaning my brinseas off and wondering about the cover for the premiere. I use a thick cling wrap over the brinsea, but still. poop is no fun :)

I didn't get the cover because with it, my chicks wernt able to use my poultry nipple. I think the cover isn't necessary. ive seen people take clear laminate and put it on top. some laminate is slippery, so I would get the non slipperier one..LOL if that makes since.

youll love this brooder!

Ordered my xtra large heating pad today, so I'm about ready for my chicks.......they aren't being shipped until March 30 so I have plenty of time to get Mama Heating Pad rigged in the coop!

Ordered my xtra large heating pad today, so I'm about ready for my chicks.......they aren't being shipped until March 30 so I have plenty of time to get Mama Heating Pad rigged in the coop!

Blooie, what kind of chicks are you getting?
pop.gif

I used the cling wrap on the Premier too and no cover. My little ones liked to hunker down on top of the plate and I think they got a little warmth up there while enjoying getting up high.

Blooie, what kind of chicks are you getting?  :pop

I ordered a couple of EEs, a couple more Red Sex Links, Chantaclers, and Buff Brahmas, Miss Bee. I just love having a variety in the flock! I'm more excited to get these than I was our first chicks last year, thanks in large part to you! Now that I know I'm not going to overwhelm myself with unneeded stress over them, I think I'll be able to really enjoy watching them grow!

That's good news, Blooie! So glad you'll be cruisin' this time with the chicks....it'll be funner for you and your hubby that way.
big_smile.png
Will you be brooding them inside again or out in the coop/run?

That's good news, Blooie!  So glad you'll be cruisin' this time with the chicks....it'll be funner for you and your hubby that way.  :D    Will you be brooding them inside again or out in the coop/run?

They'll be inside for the first day so I can watch for problem children, then they'll go out to the coop with Mama Heating Pad and their own spacious "cave." I also learned not to order them for so early in the year...should be here in early April rather than like the first batch coming in February! Ugh, how Stoopid was that??:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom