is anything wrong with

bamagirl68

Songster
12 Years
Sep 3, 2007
central alabama
my 28 day old chick? she is bunched up like she is cold. Been doing this for 2 days. The weather has turned quite a bit colder here. Is this all that it is? She looks fluffed up with her head pulled into her. My roo baby seems to have had a seizure or heart attack and died yesterday but he was acting fine up until he seized. what should I do???

When birds fluff up like that it usually means something is wrong with them.
When I bred bugies, if they acted like that it meant they were about to die, but I've seen my chickens act like that from a simple cut and they got over it in a day or two.
Since you had one die, I would suggest keeping a close eye on things and look for more symptoms.

Hopefully someone with more experience in the treatment and diagnosis of chicken illness will respond.

GL

Hi, im no expert but she sounds like she needs warmth as chickencrazzy mentioned.
What heating have you got, she is still young and if she catches a chill at night then she will also perish.
Good luck, let us know how she goes.

I am giving them medicated food, had them vaccinated at the hatchery and have a heat lamp in the coop. I think I am doing everything by the rules. Spoiling them too. I have held her and petted her extra too. she is eating ok also.

They were vaccinated at the hatchery and you have given them medicated food? Once vaccinated they do not get medicated food it voids the vaccination.

I never feed my chicks medicated food. I think they are better served building a natural immunity.

I am sorry you are having troubles and for your loss.

MissPrissy, I am also in Central VA and I haven't seen medicated food in Southern States or Tractor Supply so they get regular food whether they want it or not
smile.png
I don't think they were vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom