Is he a pure celadon?

Coturnixxx

Chirping
May 10, 2021
Málaga, Spain
Hi!

I'm testing a probable celadon male, and so far all his daughters (4) are laying normal blue celadon eggs, but then there is this exception... One lay eggs that are as blue as any celadon egg, but the spots are bigger than the normal small spots found on celadon eggs.

In the photo, upp-left are these eggs I need to clarify if they can come from a pure hen or not. All 11 eggs are from the same hen, and she is a new layer (her first 11 eggs). On the left, normal celadon eggs, and below non-celadon eggs.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_20220406_195507.jpg
    IMG_20220406_195507.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 26
I read that the spots are affected by other genes. You can breed to increase the size of the spots or to decrease them.
The celadon gene it's recessive, so if a hen is laying blue eggs, she is 100% celadon. There is a big possibility that your male is 100% celadon, but tests over small quantities are not always 100% true.

I read that the spots are affected by other genes. You can breed to increase the size of the spots or to decrease them.
The celadon gene it's recessive, so if a hen is laying blue eggs, she is 100% celadon. There is a big possibility that your male is 100% celadon, but tests over small quantities are not always 100% true.
Thanks a lot for your convincing answer. I'll keep testing him 😁.

Back
Top Bottom