Is he an Americana Rooster or Hen?????

I only know how to do one pic at a time

Blue Americana

Great topic--I think I have 2 roos that were sold as hens--they are supposed to be nearly 1 year old. Were in a large flock and had been "picked" on or ridden by the larger roos which the seller was thinning out. There were others--but these two were the best looking--almost felt like more of a "rescue" so if they are roos they will not go back to the same place. I'm no coop snob and just getting started, but I have quickly found a high degree of "chicken raising standards" out there. Some deplorable.
Anyway--BIG question--are these EE's roo's or hens??? No eggs so far . . . .the seller was not sure they had started laying yet. Should have been a big clue. Honestly the personality so far is neurotic--keeping them separate but they peck on the others and my existing hens go back at them.

Neck feathers very pointed and tail feathers very upright. Hmmmm. But plucked bare at top base. Wondering about the bigger roos in the coop--maybe they were beating up on these guys since they were smaller? Help and THANKS

Great topic--I think I have 2 roos that were sold as hens--they are supposed to be nearly 1 year old. Were in a large flock and had been "picked" on or ridden by the larger roos which the seller was thinning out. There were others--but these two were the best looking--almost felt like more of a "rescue" so if they are roos they will not go back to the same place. I'm no coop snob and just getting started, but I have quickly found a high degree of "chicken raising standards" out there. Some deplorable.
Anyway--BIG question--are these EE's roo's or hens??? No eggs so far . . . .the seller was not sure they had started laying yet. Should have been a big clue. Honestly the personality so far is neurotic--keeping them separate but they peck on the others and my existing hens go back at them.

Neck feathers very pointed and tail feathers very upright. Hmmmm. But plucked bare at top base. Wondering about the bigger roos in the coop--maybe they were beating up on these guys since they were smaller? Help and THANKS

Both are girls

Back
Top Bottom