Is it normal for Pekin's to have black feathers?

johari

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 30, 2013
I have three Pekin's. Out of the three one of them has two black feathers... Does this mean she could be a mix of something or does it just happen?

I have three Pekin's. Out of the three one of them has two black feathers... Does this mean she could be a mix of something or does it just happen?

HMMMM its very rare and maybe she is like the anti-albino of the pekin world. can I see another pic of her whole body??? she looks like a cross but I would need to see all of her,

Last edited:

She's one of these. When I get on the computer in a minute I can tell you which one she is.

The one with black on her feathers is the one in the front... The sun bleached one. lol. I'll go out to the pen and see if I can get a better picture of just her.

The one in the back is her. She looks exactly the same as my other two ducks, just she has two feathers with black on them.

I have four pekin ducks, all drakes. One with three black feathers. I,ve read that sometimes the drakes have a black feather on their back, and at the base of their wings.

Back
Top Bottom