Is my "cockerel" actually a pullet in disguise?

Aww! Cooties is just adorable, love the name btw. What an odd ride to find out her sex though, fascinating! :)
Thank you so much!! :D I love the name, too, always have. :love:lol: It fits a wonky little BIRB like her. :p For sure! :lol:
Interesting. Make sure to do a necropsy when that one dies; I bet it'd be most unusual.

By the way, :hugs. I haven't seen you here in ages.
If I have the guts to....;) :lol: Dissecting things isn't exactly my strength. :p
Awwww :hugs back!!! :D Yep, been quite busy these days! :hmm:)
Does she lay eggs?
:pop
Nope, never has! ;) But lovable nonetheless. :love:lol:
One confused little bird! Hermaphrodite? Is she laying eggs?
I'd keep her forever, wouldn't breed from her, but would wonder if she'll revert to male later in life.
Mary
Possibly, I've heard of cases like this before where the hen switches back and forth every so often. :) Not a single egg. If I'm thinking correctly, they usually don't in her situation? Oh, trust me, I'm never letting go of this one, far too special and sweet! :love I wonder, too, she started life looking quite rooster-ish. :)
I've heard of hens turning to apparent cockbirds but never the other way around.
Exactly, this is why I've always had my suspicions. :D

~Alex

Thank you so much!! :D I love the name, too, always have. :love:lol: It fits a wonky little BIRB like her. :p For sure! :lol:

If I have the guts to....;) :lol: Dissecting things isn't exactly my strength. :p
Awwww :hugs back!!! :D Yep, been quite busy these days! :hmm:)

Nope, never has! ;) But lovable nonetheless. :love:lol:

Possibly, I've heard of cases like this before where the hen switches back and forth every so often. :) Not a single egg. If I'm thinking correctly, they usually don't in her situation? Oh, trust me, I'm never letting go of this one, far too special and sweet! :love I wonder, too, she started life looking quite rooster-ish. :)

Exactly, this is why I've always had my suspicions. :D

~Alex
Now that's a groaner of a pun. Still getting into mischief with spyderk? And how many calls do you have now?

Now that's a groaner of a pun. Still getting into mischief with spyderk? And how many calls do you have now?
Exactly as I planned! :p;)
You bet, we're partners in crime these days. :lol:
Still have the 7....that is unless you snatched one while I wasn't looking. ;) I shall go post pics of the little munchkins somewhere, though it's probably a bad idea to show you such cutezzzzz....:oops::lol:

~Alex

Exactly as I planned! :p;)
You bet, we're partners in crime these days. :lol:
Still have the 7....that is unless you snatched one while I wasn't looking. ;) I shall go post pics of the little munchkins somewhere, though it's probably a bad idea to show you such cutezzzzz....:oops::lol:

~Alex
Go count them again. :lol: I'll be on the lookout. :pop

Go count them again. :lol: I'll be on the lookout. :pop
Thanks to you, I count them every day. :rolleyes: ;)
What an interesting bird! Maybe if you aren't up to do it a vet might out of curiosity. I know my vet would just to see what was inside if he heard that story!
I agree, she's something else! :D You know, great suggestion. :) I shall look into it. Hopefully, though, she'll be with us for a long time to come. :love:)

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom