Is My hen Going to Hatch her eggs

Yes she has her own spot. She is in a dog crate inside.

Good, I guess because I do not know how you got it set-up. Does she have food and water in the crate as well as some where to get off the nest for a little while to poop etc----a place to dust bath is good? Mine go in their private hatching pens and I never touch the eggs after that----I do know that most all my eggs are fertile because of incubating and other hens hatching so I do not never candle them.

Last edited:
Yes she has food so now I should just leave her to do her job if they hatch then great if they don't and she is still broody she i get some more fertile eggs?

Yes she has food so now I should just leave her to do her job if they hatch then great if they don't and she is still broody she i get some more fertile eggs?

You did not answer the other parts of the question---I do not know what size pen you got her in---Small or XXXX Large. Does she have plenty of room? Some where to get off the eggs for a while, a place to stretch her legs??? If you got her in a small crate then she needs more room. She should have enough room to where she HAS to get off the eggs to go and eat and drink---not being able to eat/drink while she is sitting on the eggs. If she can eat while sitting on the eggs she will poop in the nest---for sure the last days----and that's NOT good.

"""I""" would not allow one of my hens to have to set for 3 more weeks after her first 3 weeks failed. I would break her instead of resetting her----some people do reset. With me I worry about her health plus I have plenty more broodies so I let her get her strength built back up and goes broody again to set her again.

Back
Top Bottom