Is My hen Going to Hatch her eggs

Their has been lots to do today, she is in a good sized dog crate I would say medium sized. When I changed her water she was up eating.

Last edited:
Sorry I am new this , so if she is pooping on the eggs should I make her more room. How do make her more room? Should I get her a huge cardboard box for her?

Last edited:
I do not know,but she made her self look big and got grumpy when ever somebody went near the crate.I believe I need to make her more space.

O I forgot to mention the poop on it was like a few little pieces and they were there when the person who gave us the eggs brought them over.

Last edited:
I do not know,but she made her self look big and got grumpy when ever somebody went near the crate.I believe I need to make her more space.
Forget about the poopy eggs then..........A Broody hen can set eggs in a tiny Box.....A Dog crate works great....You can leave her door open and leave her food and water at the door...........They do not require lots of room while setting the eggs....All they do is, SET eggs......Not sure what your dealing with?

Cheers!

Looks like I had worry fever lol.
gig.gif

It's really good if the broody hen is put out - two or three times a day, just so she can eat, drink - exercise a bit and poo away from her nest. Broody poops can be ghastly.

If she has a large, private (no other birds/pets etc.)brooding area - put her food and water at the far end, so she can take care of her business away from eggs/chicks.

Back
Top Bottom