• Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doubtful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

taftech

Hatching
Mar 8, 2015
I feel bad that my first post isn't about my chickens.. long time lurker, I just haven't had any questions yet that haven't already been answered! I tried finding a pig forum, but the one I found didn't seem to work. Anyhow.. maybe someone will be able to give me an educated opinion.

I've had this potbelly pig since Nov 30 .. I know nothing of her past because she had been dropped off / abandoned. Lately, she's looking pregnant to me, but that would mean she would need to be due in the next 2 weeks. What do you guys think?

She is in with a couple other growing farm pigs. They all seem to keep eating more and more :). She has definitely gained alot of weight since I've had her though.

Here is a not so good picture of when I first got her.

Wow she sure looks it. Does her mammary glands(sorry not sure what they are called on pigs) feel hard like they are filling? Her backside is dry so if she is she isn't prepping for birth yet. If she is getting close to delivery you will see a mucus type liquid coming out. Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks for the replies.

Her udders don't really feel hard, just fatty kinda, but seems more puffy the past couple days.

Well that didn't help did it. LOL I guess just watch her for the next few weeks. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Keep us posted if she is or isn't. Good luck.

Just an update..

We decided she is pregnant, and we put her into a stall by herself. Guessing she'll give birth in the next day or two.

Back
Top Bottom