Is my pullet a pure Araucana?? Help

briannajustine

Chirping
Sep 17, 2021
Hi All,

My ´araucana’ pullet laid her first egg yesterday and i am confused!
She’s always looked different to my Araucana roo who is the same age (doesn’t have the puffy feathers, the white roo in pic) but assumed she had a different parent/parents however wondered if she maybe wasn’t pure. Got them both from the same breeder as araucana (rooster was splash, she was lavender/grey). She laid her first egg yesterday and it was a tiny blue egg (first pic, looked much bluer in person, definitely wasn’t green at all), however I looked at it today after being in the fridge and it looks green(second pic)?! Wondering if anyone knows if she is a pure Araucana or if she might be an olive egger, cause that egg has confused me!! Don’t mind either way, just curious haha
44FF22FF-0E96-4983-B4E7-8DF29826E87D.jpeg
E9172D97-8EC3-48F4-94E6-01A851D9B55B.jpeg
5E9B1B3B-07EB-41A7-B151-C371D1827A60.jpeg
4C749A91-60E0-4FAA-9A0E-3C846B9FA124.jpeg

She isn’t an araucana, but not because of the egg color, because she doesn’t have the right traits. She doesn’t have a crest, beard, pea comb, or the right body shape to be an araucana. However, she could be an araucana mix. Her feather color is blue.
Okay awesome, my hunch was right! I’ve had a feeling she wasn’t since she was little. Is her comb a rose comb then? It’s only recently started to grow and looks like my other roo who I got from the same breeder who has a rose comb, and and hers has grown I thought it looked more similar to his then our araucana roos.

Okay awesome, my hunch was right! I’ve had a feeling she wasn’t since she was little. Is her comb a rose comb then? It’s only recently started to grow and looks like my other roo who I got from the same breeder who has a rose comb, and and hers has grown I thought it looked more similar to his then our araucana roos.
Her comb does look like a rose comb.

Back
Top Bottom