Is the egg shrink wrapped ?

Update? I have one I'm concerned about as well
To update, my little one hatched all by herself! She was looking stuck and hadn't made progress in over 18 hours (possibly longer as I had been out and about all day so she could have pipped any time between 8a and 7pm when I checked on them before bed).

I had to make a 2 hour round trip and had decided I would intervene if she was still in the same spot when I got home. My husband called about 30 minutes after I left and she'd hatched! Here's a pic of where she was "stuck" and the reason I was concerned about shrink wrapping was the look of the membrane. Also worried about the fact she had pipped on the skinny end of the egg- hard to tell in the pic because of the shadows but that was the skinny end lol. But anyway, she did it!
E67DB72B-E370-40D5-8A11-14C0D7A198D8.jpeg

It's been opened twice to remove the overcrowding of chicks as its only a small bator, she added warm sponge each time to keep humidity up
How did it make out? I reccomend if you ever have to open it, bring the incubator into the bathroom and run a hot shower to steam up the room. Even if you bring back the humidity it might be srink wrapped from opening and it can't undo that with increasing humidity

Back
Top Bottom