Is there a "Morning After" Pill for Dogs?

LMAO!!!

maybe it's just me, but IF that were even possible
lau.gif

I would let that litter be born, JUST to see what they looked like
wee.gif

I'm trying to imagine that, but simply cannot
idunno.gif

As a rule of thumb, female dogs are not receptive nor fertile until the 10th to the 14th day of the season. Not only that, it would be physically difficult in the extreme for a standard dachshund, much less a miniature male, to successfully mate with a Great Pyrenees.

It is possible if she laid down like the lions do while mating.....who knows? But the odds of getting puppies are very very slim at this point if OP found her in heat, probably in the beginning stages.

Never underestimate an eager male and a willing female. She will go to extremes to get mated if she is ready.

I agree with spaying her unless there is a super imperative reason that you want to breed her. This time you probably got luccky; the nest tulme you won't.

Quote:
dont say that. Wienerdogs are peristant. I have seen a Saint wiener dog and the dad was a wienerdog.

I know it can happen, I know of a rott-dachshnd breeding. But, its not that likely and I was more basing it on the fact that it sounds like she is early in heat and not ovulating.

Determined dogs find a way. I had an accidental breeding many years ago that happened through chain-link fencing. I didn't even know she was bred until my hubby called me and told me she was having pups. She was a large dog with a small litter so I was completely caught off-guard. Luckily they were the same breed and I had planned on breeding them some day....just not right then. Through chain-link though?? I can't even begin to imagine how that worked!

Although I agree with getting her spayed... if they do it and she is pregnant, the vets in my area call that an emergency spay and will charge more money for it. I don't know if they have to do anything different.. but talk to your vet. The anti pregnancy shot is not that good for the dog to get. Your best bet at this point is to let nature take it's course... and then, unless you plan to breed her, get her spayed asap.

Back
Top Bottom