Is there a spray deterrent for pecked chickens?

Hey, those peepers are hilarious! And the googly-eyes, what a hoot! How do they stay on?

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. I bought both the BLU-Kote and the Pic-No-More. We live on a farm and my husband actually uses the Blu-Kote on other animals, but he had run out. I started with the Pic-No-More, which is also blue and thick. After we turned her loose, my black hen came right up and pecked the area and immediately began to rub her beak in the ground. I went out this morning and threw a few grasshoppers into the pen (riot!!) and got a look at her and the area is still medium blue. How long does it last? Should I re-coat her every couple of days?

Hey, those peepers are hilarious! And the googly-eyes, what a hoot! How do they stay on?

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. I b

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. I bought both the BLU-Kote and the Pic-No-More. We live on a farm and my husband actually uses the Blu-Kote on other animals, but he had run out. I started with the Pic-No-More, which is also blue and thick. After we turned her loose, my black hen came right up and pecked the area and immediately began to rub her beak in the ground. I went out this morning and threw a few grasshoppers into the pen (riot!!) and got a look at her and the area is still medium blue. How long does it last? Should I re-coat her every couple of days?
They have little pins on them that fit right into their beak

I would re-apply as needed, and try to find a more permanent solution for the long term, whether it's the pinless peepers or another fix.

Back
Top Bottom