Is there someone familiar with raising light Brahma

Henrybelle

Songster
Apr 22, 2018
Northern California
I got questions on their behavior I’ve asked around before but maybe the right users weren’t on. I have a 5 week old LB and curious about behavior she seems very lazy I know they are a very docile breed but don’t know to what extent. While the other girls are busy scratching and foraging away she will just sit and make herself comfortable and peck around a little. If the group moves to another spot she’ll cheep loudly til she spots someone, hobble over and make herself comfortable again. She eats maybe not as much as the others but they don’t pick on her at all she might get a little trampled sometimes but only cuz she is the smallest they don’t bully her intentionally. Any incite is appreciated!

I don't know the answer but am interested as well, I got 8 chicks and one is a LB and she is the least active of the 8. She does not seem unhealthy, she eats, drinks. and walks around, but she doesn't run around and act as energized as the other 8.

We’ll I guess I don’t have to worry anymore my poor little Brahma baby was just nabbed by a a bird of prey while I was in the bathoom all that’s left is feathers

Oh it’s definitely why it was picked I knew if one was going to be taken she’d be the first to go. But she was the second Brahma I’ve had that acted this way and at 5 weeks I find it strange to be so relaxed when all my other breeds are so active have you owned any light brahmas?

Oh it’s definitely why it was picked I knew if one was going to be taken she’d be the first to go. But she was the second Brahma I’ve had that acted this way and at 5 weeks I find it strange to be so relaxed when all my other breeds are so active have you owned any light brahmas?
Yep, have had several...adults are fairly mellow, big birds move slower.
Chicks were not significantly less active than the other chicks in the bunch.
All were fairly dominant.

Back
Top Bottom