Is this a kelso rooster? Or a cowan kelso? Or something else? I have done a bunch of research now, a

snorie797

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Here's pictures of the rooster which is dark red/black. And pictures when he was a chick and his sisters were chicks. Girls a wheaten color, males dark. Is this what a cowan chick looks like? I am not having much luck finding a picture of any chicks that look like these. I want to know whether the female will be a good sitter, or if they will fight with my other chickens. Help me please.

Thanks!

I am far from being any kind of bird expert but I'll take a guess based on its head structure. It has a forward set that kinda looks like a shamo or possibly a malay even... its a young bird doesnt have much spur yet and the pic is a little fuzzy but what spur is there a looks like it curves forward and down... interesting. I need to look at the structure drawings again. The drawings are posted on this site... book section maybe... saladin or orlando posted them... good stuff. Check it out.

Its probably a crossbreed but because of the tail feather angulation off the back... calcuta or malayo. I'm probably wrong but it was fun comparing.

If I guessed right do I get one? Lol! ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom