Is this an Ameraucana?

For those of you stating that this is an EE rather than Ameraucana can you please state why? I'm also trying to identify my supposed Ameraucana's that came from a hatch at the breeder's club last year at our County Fair.
Start a new thread and post pictures of your birds. You should get the answers you need by doing that.

Here are some pics of my EE, Blue. She was sold to me as an americauna, but technically she is an EE. She has a pea comb, slate legs and white ear lobes. She just started to lay pretty sage green eggs for me last week. She's the sweetest bird no matter what her breed and I wouldn't change her for anything. She could be twins with the other girls shown here. These pictures were taken when she was about 4 months old. Her comb is much thicker now.

Quote: Wow...I havn't been back here in a while...they def could be twins!!! Yes My girl gyspy is an EE she was sold to me as an americauna but she is my favorite lady either way!!! Here are some more recent photographs of her:) I also added a few of my EE Gyspy and then my really real ameraucana Iris then the last one is my Olive Egger Raven....

I hope you like them!! I love them:)) Ameraucana's and EE's are my faves!! They are so full of personality!!!

All great looking birds. One other snipit.. although most chicks sold as Ameraucana are actually EE, it's also true that most chicks sold as EE are more Ameraucana looking than anything else. Many "Look Like" an Ameraucana but just don't meet all the requirements to be a true/pure bred Ameraucana. That's fine as long as you don't plan on showing them. They (EE) are my favorite backyard layers, right beside Wyandottes. We actually have a lovely 9 year old golden Ameraucana/EE named Connie that is still laying olive colored eggs at a pretty good rate! It's amazing...
wink.png

I love my EE they should all be laying shortly and my Wyandotte aswell. So they are all regular layers in your experience?
Mine are great layers! They wanted to take the winter off but started right back up with supplemental light. I get 6 large eggs per week from each of them when they are laying. I'm sure whatever is in the mix has a great deal to do with their performance -- pretty sure mine are part Leghorn.

I'd love to have some EEs but I'm wondering if one hatchery has nicer personality birds than another? Does anyone have EEs that are NOT so friendly? I've gotm2 young children so friendly is very important to me?

Back
Top Bottom