Is this an eye infection?

JennaMadrid

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2022
This is a Muscovy duck that lives at a pond where I go walking. I’ve noticed the last week what looks like bubbles all around his eyes? I don’t know much about Muscovys. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 7
Well he’s not technically mine, but I consider him mine. He was definitely a pet that was dumped. Muscovys aren’t native to this area and he’s way too friendly. I’ve been coming to see him for months to where he will fly right to me. His mate was just taken I’m assuming because they never leave each others side and she’s been gone a week now. So I really want to try and take care of him. SO……. Which one of those solutions would be best? He comes to me where I can let him so I’ll do whatever treatment he needs

Well he’s not technically mine, but I consider him mine. He was definitely a pet that was dumped. Muscovys aren’t native to this area and he’s way too friendly. I’ve been coming to see him for months to where he will fly right to me. His mate was just taken I’m assuming because they never leave each others side and she’s been gone a week now. So I really want to try and take care of him. SO……. Which one of those solutions would be best? He comes to me where I can let him so I’ll do whatever treatment he needs
Can you take him home? He needs to become a pet again.
Terramycin is the best for clearing up an infection. Sometime foamy eye can mean they aren't cleaning their eyes out with water like ducking their heads. Which Muscovy aren't as water crazy as other domestic ducks are. Veterycin would be next if you can't find the Terramycin eye ointment.

Can you take him home? He needs to become a pet again.
Terramycin is the best for clearing up an infection. Sometime foamy eye can mean they aren't cleaning their eyes out with water like ducking their heads. Which Muscovy aren't as water crazy as other domestic ducks are. Veterycin would be next if you can't find the Terramycin eye ointment.

Thanks. I can take him home. I do have ducks. I’m holding out a small hope that his mate is incubating a clutch of eggs. They have been mating the last month. They live in a beautiful area with a large pond so I’m struggling if it’s right to take him and put him in captivity. I know it takes around 28 days. So for know I’m going to continue to take care of him and see what the next 3 weeks brings

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Awwwww sorry to hear that. He totally lets me pet him. So it should be fairly easy to hold him for the drops. I’ll give him an extra squeeze for you.

Back
Top Bottom