Is this bumble foot?

Rizo currently has bumblefoot. I would be happy to help with the knowledge i know.

Weeg had recommended to me drawing salve & Calendula oil. It seems to be working well.

I would wrap up the foot now to insure no more bacteria gets on there.

I do a daily epsom salt soak. (1/4 cup Epsom salt - 8 cups warm water) Insure the water is warm, not hot, or cold.
Exactly what I would have recommended. Thanks Poppy. 😊

It should draw the infection out of the foot. Calendula oil is even better for that. So yes, it should h egg lo get rid of the scab.
Ok! I’ll use both. How will I know the infection has been drawn out? Will the scab start to close off?

Yep, the scab should start to disappear. :)
Thanks! Also I did have one with inflammation and after a good soak the scab pretty much wanted to come off, a bunch of puss came out but I’m not sure if I got everything out as it looked stringy white and then some red tissue and blood so I didn’t poke further in there but today it looks like it’s scabbing normally again, however she does have a little pink bump between her toes and no opening for a scab, will applying calendula oil to that help too? Will applying it to open wound hurt?

Thanks! Also I did have one with inflammation and after a good soak the scab pretty much wanted to come off, a bunch of puss came out but I’m not sure if I got everything out as it looked stringy white and then some red tissue and blood so I didn’t poke further in there but today it looks like it’s scabbing normally again, however she does have a little pink bump between her toes and no opening for a scab, will applying calendula oil to that help too? Will applying it to open wound hurt?
That’s great! Sometimes the scab comes right out after a risk, that’s exactly what you want. You can apply calendulas yo open wounds. A friend of mine got a small gash on her shin which wasn’t healing. She was applied calendula oil which did sting a bit, but it was very affective in getting it to heal, and drawing out infection.

I use Durasole on lesions like this. You can soften the scab with an epsom salt soak, dry the foot then apply a few drops of Durasole. This product is for horse hooves so this is off label use. I don't know the egg withdrawal period. You can purchase Durasole from Valley Vet or Jeffer's Vet supply. Again, this is off label use but I use it with success. Wear gloves.
1651793995466.png

I use Durasole on lesions like this. You can soften the scab with an epsom salt soak, dry the foot then apply a few drops of Durasole. This product is for horse hooves so this is off label use. I don't know the egg withdrawal period. You can purchase Durasole from Valley Vet or Jeffer's Vet supply. Again, this is off label use but I use it with success. Wear gloves. View attachment 3094341
Ok thanks! If nothing else works, I’ll try this.

Back
Top Bottom