Is this enough space for 8 birds?

....I have 23 sq ft of inside space for 8 birds (small and large) and a huge run. I no this is to small of a space and IM GOING TO ADD ON SOON. Thanks

I know you're in a tough situation. It's hard when what you know you have to do is not in your power to do it. I don't know if it will help, but if there is a sentimental reason for hanging on to those chickens, have you considered telling your story on a GoFundMe site to help you get the money to expand the coop?

I still wanna help you, I think you might have road island reds or Isa Browns or welsumers, RIR's and Welsummers both do well in the colder seasons
o thanks! They are 3 shades of red. Very light, then 2 darker shades but a little different. (That's each 3 separate birds.) tractor supply sold as a red assortment I think if I remember right. (When I get more I'll try too mark do I know what kind is which). So if they do good in the winter using their run etc then would a 4x4 be ok for 2/3 birds? If I knew where to find pics I could better tell you what kind I think they are. They are layer Chickens if that helps you?

Back
Top Bottom