Is yogurt really good for them?

Quote:
Do you have more info on this? This doesn't make sense to me and as a person who is lactose intolerant, I would really like to understand. Lastase is an enzyme that cleaves lactose (a disaccharide) into glucose and galactose. If it is in the milk itself, then there wouldn't be any lactose in there. Lactase is generally found in the duodenum/small intestine of mammals, especially young mammals.

It doesn't make sense to me either. Lactase is in the gut (in some animals, it shouldn't even be in an adult cow), not the reproductive system where the milk comes from.

Anyway, I am lactose intolerant, but mildly so. I can't drink lowfat milk, but I can drink whole pasturized milk and all dairy products other than milk. I don't know why I can drink whole milk, but I assume the fat "hides" the lactose in my gut. There are many degrees of lactose intolerance, and what one person may tolerate may not be tolerated by another.

Dairy products do nothing for worms. See this for info on probiotics: http://www.poultryworkshop.com/Presentations/Dr. Peter Ferket/Raising Drug Free Poultry.pdf

Back
Top Bottom