ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

Hi guys I recently got 4 isas I think and please correct me if I'm wrong I have 3 now one fell victim to a plywood accident here is some pictures

Hi guys I recently got 4 isas I think and please correct me if I'm wrong I have 3 now one fell victim to a plywood accident here is some pictures

They could be. They could also be Red Sex Links. They all look alike. I have both and you can't tell by looking at them which are the Isa Browns and which are the Red Sex Links.

These are Isa Browns.

These are Red Sex Links.

Here are the Isa Brown as chicks.

Here the Isa Browns are at around a few days old.

Here are some Red Sex Links as chicks.

Last edited:
My local Rural King in southern Ohio is selling chicks as labeled ISA Brown. Does anyone know if they are the real thing? The store is new and the employees don't always know the answers to questions.

I purchased several Isa Browns from a Rural King in Mo. I was told they get their chicks from Townline Hatchery which does carry Isa Browns.
So chances are you have the real thing.

I got my Isa Browns from Townline hatchery. All of the chicks despite being an extra day in transit arrived well, all healthy.

I just brought home six Isa Brown chicks yesterday. I've never had chickens. My husband has raised many of them. We're researching coop designs. We live in the city limits so I feel lucky to be able to even have them. I just love their fuzzy heads!

I am looking to start my backyard flock and need relatively quite birds. Would you consider ISA Browns to be a quite strain? My neighbors are not really keen on my chicken enterprise. I am looking to have good egg production, friendly and quite chickens as to be a good neighbor. Will IAS's fill the bill?

Thanks

How many do you plan to have? I just found a childes play set at Sams club that I am going to modify for my backyard coop. I think 4 maybe 5 birds tops with a run. But it is well built and looks cutie and not very expensive. Just brought it home today and have not started assembling it yet. Do you know if ISA's are quiet?

I have to disagree to agree does that make sense? I breed what I like to call the costa rica cMomet I use new Hampshire red roo over white leghorn hen and get a sex linked offspring much like the Hendrix gen. ISA , my chicks are red and white boys being white and girls being red at hatching feathering out very similar to the ISA with white fleck and under feathers I am om my second gen and they have performed marvelous , they start laying at 18 to 20 weeks build awesome body mass like the nhr and they have averaged a lil over 300 eggs per year ( first hatch ) with the second group now at 13 weeks old we hope to do better on production they have great food to egg conversion and forage at free range quite well , this month I will be importing a German new Hampshire line in a effort to bolster my breeding stock and improve on body mass so far so good for a guy like me ,,, it is shockingly easy with the right tools available to us here at byc

Back
Top Bottom