ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

what a lovely bundle basket of joy!!!!
ya.gif

Hello! I have a 5, two year old ISA brown hens. One of my hens feathers have started to turn yellow from red color. I am very new owner to chickens and not sure what I should do or if this normal. I am also very new to this page site so I hope this is the right place to ask questions. Thanks for the help :)

Hello! I have a 5, two year old ISA brown hens. One of my hens feathers have started to turn yellow from red color. I am very new owner to chickens and not sure what I should do or if this normal. I am also very new to this page site so I hope this is the right place to ask questions. Thanks for the help :)

welcome-byc.gif
From the picture it looks like she is going through her yearly molt.

Thank you :) I did wonder if she was starting to molt, I've never been around molting chickens before.

How many eggs does an ISA brown hen lay a week? My girls are 12 weeks so I am just wondering what to expect. I was also wondering what age everyone's ISA browns started laying?

How many eggs does an ISA brown hen lay a week? My girls are 12 weeks so I am just wondering what to expect. I was also wondering what age everyone's ISA browns started laying?
My ISA Browns were mostly around 20 weeks when they started to lay. I did have one that started at 16 weeks. I averaged around 6 eggs per week per girl. Most of the time they only skipped a day a week of course except this time of year when they molt. My Heritage Rhode Island Reds are the best layers during their molts.

When they start to lay what should I expect? I have golf balls in the nesting boxes so do you think they would lay in there? Also do the first eggs tend to be really small? Or double yolkers?

Back
Top Bottom