Isabel Brahma breeding

shaw613

Songster
Oct 27, 2019
Northeast Colorado
Hi all ... I have isabel brahmas I purchased a couple years ago from a breeder. The rooster is lavender split to partridge, and the hen I have this year is a beautiful isabel that I hatched last year from him this rooster and a hen that I no longer have. This female has beautiful feathering, but if I get one egg a week from her it's a good week. I have some very nice partridge brahmas that lay well, and I have another female that is lavender and I believe split since she doesn't show the isabel feathering. I'm thinking of making a cross this year to get some split hens and go back to this rooster. I have two options: Put the lavender brahma hen with the partridge brahma rooster, or the partridge brahma hen with the split rooster that I have. Is there any difference .... I know next year I'll get some splits and some isabel if I understand correctly. Have never done the isabel breeding. Thanks for any advice!

Hi all ... I have isabel brahmas I purchased a couple years ago from a breeder. The rooster is lavender split to partridge, and the hen I have this year is a beautiful isabel that I hatched last year from him this rooster and a hen that I no longer have. This female has beautiful feathering, but if I get one egg a week from her it's a good week. I have some very nice partridge brahmas that lay well, and I have another female that is lavender and I believe split since she doesn't show the isabel feathering. I'm thinking of making a cross this year to get some split hens and go back to this rooster. I have two options: Put the lavender brahma hen with the partridge brahma rooster, or the partridge brahma hen with the split rooster that I have. Is there any difference .... I know next year I'll get some splits and some isabel if I understand correctly. Have never done the isabel breeding. Thanks for any advice!
I don't think it would matter if you did it both ways. Should get beautiful birds regardless.

Isabel breeding isn't anything I've done before either.

Back
Top Bottom