ISABELLE LEGHORNS IN USA!

Pics
My chicks a hrowing so well and boys are beginning to crow! 10 -11 weeks old

Romeo has white earlobes

Allister and sterling have red earlobes
Great photos Lona!

I never tire of looking at pictures of certain chickens - Isabel, Legbar and Isbar -- I could sit and do it for hours. Your birds are really pretty!!

Different breed standards require different earlobe color -- Leghorns, I think call for a real pop of white earlobe -- and I know for certain that Legbars standard calls for white earlobes. Isbars I think can have either -- and egg production is the thing that counts most along with Blue-black-splash - and all of us that love those dark eyes -- but that is a bit off subject.

What is the preferred eye-color of Isabel -- that goes along with the breed too - right? anyone know?

My one 10 week hen.anastasia and i hatched 1 hen juliet here she is in the back.

My silver rudd splash i got a hen and cockerel and 2 silver rubb blue cockerels.lol

Quote:
Red earlobes? Where did that come from? These are Leghorns, so IMO should follow Leghorn SOP. Therefor they should have white earlobes, yellow legs, and yellow or horn bills. Then of course size, weight, carriage, tail set, and all that other stuff. But IMO first and foremost they should lay copious quantities of large white eggs. That's what Leghorns are well known for!

Cjwalden I am not sure. Those are the ones I got from lisa (cree) the hen has white earlobes. The hen i hatched from you has white earlobes also horn colored beak.

This is a mystery to me. I have been out looking at everybody and I don't have any earlobes like those. Apparently, my rooster and at least one hen have genetics for this. Guess I need a new rooster. These are some of the grow outs and there isn't a red earlobe in the bunch. Opportunity for improvement never ends.

This is a mystery to me. I have been out looking at everybody and I don't have any earlobes like those. Apparently, my rooster and at least one hen have genetics for this. Guess I need a new rooster. These are some of the grow outs and there isn't a red earlobe in the bunch. Opportunity for improvement never ends.

Reminds me of the textbook lok for Isabella

http://leghorn.nl/artikelen/Isabel patrijs-UK.pdf?phpMyAdmin=92cf0928fc32fa6ade98585639c49441

The UK version uses Isabella and the netherlands version uses Isabel - interesting huh?

http://www.leghorn.nl/artikelen/Isabel patrijs-NL.pdf

Last edited:

That's a pretty neat picture. Last night all my juveniles were on the roost all facing the same direction. Of course I'd already put the camera away.

@cree571 if you look closely at your rooster, he doesn't have fully white earlobes. If any of your hens have partially white earlobes, they could be occasionally producing those red ear lobe offspring. I read a study a few weeks back about results of crossing pure white ear lobe to pure red ear lobe and what the results were. I'll try to find that study again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom