It has begun

I built 2 very small incubators and ran them overnight. the box one was perfect, the coffee tub was hard to judge, the therm, said cooler than the box, but the the eggs were hotter. I think it needs a diff therm. I will try them both in May I am too busy the next 2 months.

Four dozen, mixed breed eggs will go into the incubator, tomorrow evening.

Nice! Pretty eggs!

My quail are on day 9, silkie/cochin eggs on day 12. All due March 12th.
fl.gif

I built 2 very small incubators and ran them overnight. the box one was perfect, the coffee tub was hard to judge, the therm, said cooler than the box, but the the eggs were hotter. I think it needs a diff therm. I will try them both in May I am too busy the next 2 months.

I think you just like experimenting!
big_smile.png

lol........

yeah, I would usually candle the easiest ones to see thru, when we turned.......

only have the hand turner.....should be interesting with 4 dozen eggs to turn this time.....

I bet you could rig up something to make it easier, with that many.

I think I read something about wrapping a ruler, or similar sized piece of lightweight wood or plastic, with a wrap of rubber shelf liner. Lay the eggs in rows, lay the stick on top of one row, and roll several at one time. I'm sure there are all kinds of idea on this site.

But then again, your kids probably enjoy rolling each one individually!
smile.png

I bet you could rig up something to make it easier, with that many.

I think I read something about wrapping a ruler, or similar sized piece of lightweight wood or plastic, with a wrap of rubber shelf liner. Lay the eggs in rows, lay the stick on top of one row, and roll several at one time. I'm sure there are all kinds of idea on this site.

But then again, your kids probably enjoy rolling each one individually!
smile.png
they do. thought seriously about leaving them in the container and just putting something under one end.......the when it's time to turn, place under the other end......then on lockdown day, pull them out of containers and lay flat?

they do.  thought seriously about leaving them in the container and just putting something under one end.......the when it's time to turn, place under the other end......then on lockdown day, pull them out of containers and lay flat?

I've seen plenty of folks do that. Some prefer cutting the bottoms out of the cartons for air circulation. And I think I've read that foam is better than cardboard cartons because the cardboard draws the humidity, but I've never tried it either way.

I'm sure someone here has!

Back
Top Bottom