It has begun

Exactly! But supposedly they are prolific layers, so rotation should be fairly easy.

They hatch in 17 days, start laying at 6-8 weeks (certain breeds) and are able to be processed around that time too. Pretty quick turnaround.

OK, so a little update. I candled the eggs this weekend which should've been date 14. Most of them, even the ones that I could see really well before, had huge dark masses in there. I had a few, that I could see the yolk, but the rest was clear. Then had a couple, that I could still see some veining. So it looks like, that on Thursday, I will go into lockdown.
It's getting exciting Bert :weee
I built an incubator myself and am hatching a few of my own eggs from the back yard. Hoping it will work. Im on day 8.
Good luck with your hatch :fl
Absolutely not! :lol: Look how cute these little things are.
Wait till they hatch they are like little bumble bees! Super super cute they are :love Good luck :fl

OK, so a little update. I candled the eggs this weekend which should've been date 14.

Most of them, even the ones that I could see really well before, had huge dark masses in there. I had a few, that I could see the yolk, but the rest was clear. Then had a couple, that I could still see some veining.

So it looks like, that on Thursday, I will go into lockdown.

Awesome! Sounds like things are going well!

I put 16 eggs in yesterday, the first ones from my own eggs. Hoping I get some to hatch in 3weeks.

Absolutely not!
lol.png
Look how cute these little things are.

Wow!!! What kind of duck/chickens are those? I want some!

Back
Top Bottom