It pays to be different ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta2 23

Flock Master
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
I always feed the pigeons in the park that have unusual patterns, or have white feathers.

And I know my ducks, Sheldy and Noodle, whom we released onto the city river, wouldn't have survived for as long as they did if the general population hadn't taken a shine to the "lovely white ducks" in amongst the brown ones. They were awfully slow waddlers.

Quote:
Yeah why would you release domesticated ducks? They don't have enough of their initial natural instinct to survive if they were raised by people.

They would've died a lot earlier if we hadn't released them. They were being endlessly pecked by the chickens, their little pond kept drying up in the summer, and the place stank. They were really unhappy.

We checked up on them for several weeks until we were sure they'd settled in... they've been there for a couple of years now
smile.png

Quote:
My family did that years and years and years ago! They took to the park pond and everyone loved them
smile.png
They were there a good 5 years but I haven't been out that way so I don't know if they're still there or not.
Yes thank you for feeding the pigeons! They need love too!
tongue.png

Mrs. Cannon :

Quote:
My family did that years and years and years ago! They took to the park pond and everyone loved them
smile.png
They were there a good 5 years but I haven't been out that way so I don't know if they're still there or not.
Yes thank you for feeding the pigeons! They need love too!
tongue.png

gig.gif

Yeah, I've talked to a few people. "Sheldy and Noodle!" they say. "What beautiful names! Well, I'll always remember them when I see the two white ducks around."

There are so many with broken legs that can't fly. You've got to take pity on the poor things
tongue.png

Quote:
Well that's kind of your responsibility to take care of them and make sure they ARE happy. Dumping them out in a stream to survive themselves is pretty much a death sentence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom